• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Anybody watch this? Very one sided against national reciprocity. All the 'data' presented against CCW were subjective opinions, not facts. Top cop from Milwaukee cited an uptick in gun related violence and arrests after relaxing their carry laws, but what he didn't say was that all of that crime was committed by folks who didn't have CCW permits. Yeah, that's fair and balanced.

Tim Schmidt (USCCA) correctly stated that in all states that have become right to carry states, violent crime has decreased significantly. What he SHOULD have also presented was that there is almost ZERO crime committed by legal CCW folks.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    You expected anything else from 60 Lies a Minute? They were infamous for slanted reporting 40 years ago...and haven't improved since.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Definitely picked their facts and turned then to fit their narrative. But what do you expect from the main Street media.

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    Kroft even said in "60 minutes overtime" that he didn't think he would change anyone's mind with this piece, but was basically just trying to get the word out (to the uninformed antis).

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    He also cherry picked the more political players in law enforcement. DAs and Police Chiefs of major cities (which are all leftist leaning)? Come on. They can't go against the narrative or they would lose their political backing.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Watched a brief snipet of the espisode and could not bring myself to watch it tonight.
    Such an uphill battle to enable viewers to get a true middle view on anything 2a related and only getting worse year over year

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Top cop from Milwaukee cited an uptick in gun related violence and arrests after relaxing their carry laws, but what he didn't say was that all of that crime was committed by folks who didn't have CCW permits.

Gun crime perpetration runs 90% criminal record holders. The gun control lobby and the media don't even mention this factor when it comes to non CCL holders, why should they mention it with CCL. legal gun owners commit violence at lower rates than the general US population and that is never mentioned, why would they mention that CCL holders commit even lower rates?

milwalkee REDUCED incarceration rates before relaxing CCL, that is why they saw an uptick in crime, including knife assaults and murders, and beating assaults and murders.

Do yourself a favor, turn off 60 minutes and google image US incarceration rates 1990 to present to see charts, and then google image US homicide rates to see those charts. superimpose them in your mind.

A small cohort of Americans, prior criminals, is responsible for 90% of criminal violence. In fact the Baltimore study showed 80% by persons with more than ten arrests (super predators). When they are in jail there is less of it. when they are out of jail they will find knives, guns, bludgeons, whatever to accomplish their violence.

60 minutes will NEVER have a program on that.

Last edited:

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    A small cohort of Americans, prior criminals, is responsible for 90% of criminal violence. In fact the Baltimore study showed 80% by persons with more than ten arrests (super predators). When they are in jail there is less of it. when they are out of jail they will find knives, guns, bludgeons, whatever to accomplish their violence.

60 minutes will NEVER have a program on that.

Because the left has made it such that anyone that presents these as fact is a racist. The sad reality is that you can’t even have the conversation anymore.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    I literally stopped watching network news or news magazines over 25 years ago. If you find me sitting in front of a tv with 60 minutes on, then I am dead. I did like Point-Counterpoint back in the 70s.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I used to think 60 minutes was beyond any of this until I woke up . It is shameful IMHO for news agencies to only show one view/one side . I did not see this piece but I have seen it on other stories and I stopped watching .

All I ever want from any news group is to give me both sides and then I will decide .

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    This is only way I would watch 60 Minutes. By force.

th

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom