• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Absolutely gorgeous gun, I love hammer fired pistols, and this looks nothing like a hi point. Hi point could never look this good. That trigger looks so smooth and crisp.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Absolutely gorgeous gun, I love hammer fired pistols, and this looks nothing like a hi point. Hi point could never look this good. That trigger looks so smooth and crisp.

On the contrary, people that reviewed it(like the dude from active self protection) showed and said that the trigger was mushy and had lots of creep....in single action. Double action was just a loooong and heavy 12 lbs. The reset looked fairly long as well.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Please help us understand how a trigger "looks" crisp and smooth.

I cannot help you understand but from all the video's I've watched guy's are saying it's a great gun and has a good self defense trigger, they all look like there tossing led down range very effortlessly without any discomfort with the trigger. Springfield XD reliability with a hammer is a win for me. I like the idea of having one in the chamber with the safety off on a hammer fired gun. While I do trust firearms without safeties that's striker fired I've always felt just a little better about hammer fired guns. When I get my hands on one I'll let you know if my eye's were correct.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    On the contrary, people that reviewed it(like the dude from active self protection) showed and said that the trigger was mushy and had lots of creep....in single action. Double action was just a loooong and heavy 12 lbs. The reset looked fairly long as well.

I like to watch as many video's as I can and come to an conclusion on whether I should consider buying a gun. Then if I can I'd like to shoot it. If not I trust my research and go from there.

I haven't purchased a gun that I didn't like yet. So I have that going for me. It's hard for me to not like a gun though unless it doesn't work. I just love thing's that go boom!

Trying to find the most perfect carry gun isn't a option in Maryland since we cannot carry so I just enjoy the guns as long as they work.

Like I've never wanted a glock..... But they work so I'm putting together two of them and i will enjoy them and if one day we're allowed to carry then I would have carry GUNS because I wouldn't love one over the other all that much to just pick one.

Maybe my standards are low or different. The only pistols that I would not carry is the hi point pistols and that's because the size and weight doesn't match up with the capacity especially the 9mm, if im going to carry a gun that only holds 8 rounds it cannot be that heavy (for a pistols) nor as bulky and it's got to have a better trigger.

But anyway I think I'm going to like this new XDe.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    The grip frame looks reduced proportional to the pistols action. Throw in the easy racking slide and there is a recipe for sales to small handed, weaker shooters. The hammer fire action is an improvement. Thumb safety is in the right place and as with any firearm requires a training regimen, no more. Is it the end all design pistol - I don't think so. Looks good for a carry pistol.

My BIL has arthritis in his hands. He has trouble racking many semi-autos and has narrowed his selection for a carry gun down to a select few. The XDe is among them, although he has yet to find one to examine in person. He doesn't plan on "showing" the gun, so looks are irrelevant. But the 20% or so easier cocking slide holds special appeal to him. Some of us actually like a hammer fired pistol with a de-cocker/safety. While I don' t carry one, I do have a primary HD full size I keep chambered and de-cocked. I don't see the XDe being all that different except for size. I do wonder about the high bore axis though. But that is one reason one should fire a gun prior to purchase.

I suspect there will be a market for these despite all the approbation shown in this thread. I mean after all, even the Taurus Curve apparently has a market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom