• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Hmmmm now looking like we are going to see Rogue One with the family.

Sorry I will miss you guys.....

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Had a great time. My 7 yr old really enjoyed it and is already planning our return trip in a few weeks lol. It was nice to put a few names to faces. Also good to see a few women out there killing clays. Can't wait til the next one

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Huge shout out to Raineman for setting this up! Many thanks!
    It was truly a great day. Couldn't have asked for better weather.
    It was great seeing and catching up with all of you. Just a great time.

Also, thanks to those who told me to put the damn AR-style stance away, haha. I managed to hit 11! Improvement!
    It didn't all go to shit today :D

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Nice meeting you all up there this morning, thanx for the invite. If any one found a Leatherman tool laying on the ground near the trap station-let me know- it has 'jordan' etched on it, thanx.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Thanks to everyone that came out today. Lots of fun and I think it might have been the best weather we've ever had. Was great to see familiar faces, new ones, and ones I forgot I already knew.

The guys at CCGC really take good care of us, and are looking forward to having us back next year.

Again, thanks everyone, and happy new year.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    'Twas good fun breaking the little circular thingies

I even ending up breaking more than I missed too. Now I have to try it at night per the advice of Shafted and JenLeighVT. I also per Jen's advice have to pretend the little circle thingies are spaceships and to break them before the aliens can get me.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Thanks Rainman for setting this up. It was a great day busting clays with my fellow MDSer's and families. Its been 20 yrs since I shot clays and a first for my kids who are ready to do it again. Nice meeting and putting faces to some screen names and seeing those I already know.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Everybody is different. I used to be anal about my expensive guns until my browning O/U fell off a UTV into the gravel, hardly a scratch.

These days I might clean my clays gun once a year. Might put a few drops of CLP on something twice a year.

I should've known better than to get into a discussion about oil/grease/cleaner on the internet. It's as bad a discussion as 9mm vs 40 vs 45 discussions.

I saw a guy lean up his custom stocked Krieghoff K-80 (an $8,000 gun at that time with the original stock) at the counter at PG Trap and Skeet. He ended up sweeping the stock with his foot. That gun "seesawed" muzzle, stock, muzzle, stock about six times. Broke the stock in half at the pistol grip. $4000 out the window (the cost of the custom stock). The damage to the barrel was minor. He had steam coming out if his ears he was so mad. I was just glad he couldn't blame anyone (especially me!) for his mistake. It should've been in the gun rack which was a whole 4 feet away.

3 Gun Gal

Aug 2, 2016
    Carroll Co.
    I arrived around noon. There were a lot of people there and I spoke to a few, but I am disappointed to say I didn't meet any MD Shooters. Probably because I'm a noob and was at house 1 & 2. Trap is not my shooting strength, by any means, but I hit between 6-8 in each of the three rounds I shot. I was there with my husband and we had a good time, so thanks for having the event. Maybe next time, I'll be more social and get to know a few of you. Or maybe you'll be more social and introduce yourselves to the new folks and make us feel welcome.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    3gungal, was that you with the red gun with extended tube?

You guys walked right by us MDS'ers, we thought you were with another group.

Guess next time I'll have to hang an I.D. And ask folks to speak up. You did shoot with my son in law

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I arrived around noon. There were a lot of people there and I spoke to a few, but I am disappointed to say I didn't meet any MD Shooters. Probably because I'm a noob and was at house 1 & 2. Trap is not my shooting strength, by any means, but I hit between 6-8 in each of the three rounds I shot. I was there with my husband and we had a good time, so thanks for having the event. Maybe next time, I'll be more social and get to know a few of you. Or maybe you'll be more social and introduce yourselves to the new folks and make us feel welcome.

Were you the one shooting a red/pink gun? If so, my son and I shot with you a couple of times. He was the one feeding me shells. I was wondering if that was you. Lots of people on field 1 that might have been from MDS. You guys have to mingle and wear your MDS paraphernalia. lol

3 Gun Gal

Aug 2, 2016
    Carroll Co.
    3gungal, was that you with the red gun with extended tube?

You guys walked right by us MDS'ers, we thought you were with another group.

Guess next time I'll have to hang an I.D. And ask folks to speak up. You did shoot with my son in law

Yes, that was me! I was so close and still missed y'all. Yes, please hang an I.D. I don't want to miss an opportunity to introduce myself next time. I asked if there were any MDS'ers when I walked up, but they all said no.

3 Gun Gal

Aug 2, 2016
    Carroll Co.
    Were you the one shooting a red/pink gun? If so, my son and I shot with you a couple of times. He was the one feeding me shells. I was wondering if that was you. Lots of people on field 1 that might have been from MDS. You guys have to mingle and wear your MDS paraphernalia. lol

Lol, my guns are a little noticeable. My rifle and pistol are the same way. I need to get some MDS paraphernalia. I don't have any yet. It was a pleasure shooting with you today.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Yes, that was me! I was so close and still missed y'all. Yes, please hang an I.D. I don't want to miss an opportunity to introduce myself next time. I asked if there were any MDS'ers when I walked up, but they all said no.

Must have asked the only non MDSer there? Next time ID's for everyone.

ironcity

Feb 6, 2013
    Taneytown
    Had a great time today, both weather and company was awesome. It was nice being able to put names to faces. Again Raineman thanks for setting this up. Hope to see all again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom