• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    Bought a Performance Center .460 pistol.Bought ammo and gun for a hunt that didn't happen,went in safe unfired.Not that long there after get a recall notice in the mail.Waited a bit and forgot about sending it back to have looked at.Finally remember,call they send another prepaid shipping label to send gun back UNINSURED.Told they would replace if lost or stolen,keep tracking info.Take gun to UPS terminal,no shipping of firearms for noN FFL holders so I'M told.Have an FFL ship.Wait a couple of weeks,start to feel some seperation anxiety so I call to get update.Two transfers to other people but polite and no wait.Last person takes info and says they have my gun and has even personally handled it out of curiousity.Great talking to the right person,whats the status?Gun has been "shelved".???????Meaning? Told they didn't know what it was there for.Said after handling looked up the serial # and model and noticed the recall to have the barrel checked.OK noticed the recall,still didn't know?Thought that sending the original recall packet in the factory case with the gun with all of the pertinent details highlighted in yellow would be sufficient along with my contact info. Keywords like..barrel failure....do not fire...return for replacement...this block of #'s....this is my#.Didn't expect a drop everything else for me experience and have gun back next day but I'm a little disappointed.I can excuse a potential issue with the gun,it's man made has moving parts and is subjected to extreme pressures.I applaud them catching fault even with just four reported failures.Still feel a little let down,paid extra fot the PC model to find out they contract out the longer barrels[shorter barrels apparently made in house] and no common sense it handling a service THEY initiated.Would it still be "shelved"if I hadn't called?My fault for not being clear assuming the recall letter in with gun would be sufficient work order?Anybody else had anything similiar with SW?Have heard worse horror stories but never in relation to Smith&Wesson. Rant over...I think...for now at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom