• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    I have been trying to sight in a Burris Fastfire 3 with no luck. Today was the second time out to the range with it. At 50 yards the point of impact was about 2 feet above the point of aim. Adjustments up and down didnt really make too much of a difference. I have a flat top AR, tried it on the top of the receiver and on a half inch riser with similar results.

Another guy at the range had one and was nice enough to let me try his. At about 15 yards the poi was about 6 inches lower than poa. Which seems the reverse of the problem with mine. He said when he shoots his, that its dead on. When be shot mine, he was also hitting high.

I have a very slight astigmatism, could that be it? FWIW, I have no issues looking through my M223 scope.

Ideas?

BTW, guy that helped me out today, thanks for your help. He had a black MDSF shirt on, so he might see this.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Might have a defective unit (no response to elevation adjustment), or you may have adjusted it the wrong way - it's happened to all of us at some time.

Try this target. If your elevation is responding, this target will be good enough to zero you for red-dot duty out to 300m.

View attachment 135842

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    A laser bore site, or bench rest it and set ref point and adjust the site while looking through it at the ref point. The dot should move up or down based on that.

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    Do you have any type of boresighter??

Yes, I used it before my first trip months ago. Good idea though, I can put it back in and see how far its off. What kind of distance should I need for the boresighter. Typically I just turn off all the lights in the basement and shine it on the opposite wall.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Laser boresighter?

For 25 feet, I think I normally set my reticle about 1.75 to 2 inch high of the boresighter. It's normally been close enough to have me on paper at 100 yards.

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    Laser boresighter?

For 25 feet, I think I normally set my reticle about 1.75 to 2 inch high of the boresighter. It's normally been close enough to have me on paper at 100 yards.

Laser - yes. Thx for info, I will give it a shot. Top of rail seems pretty low, is using a riser typical.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    As long as it's not on top of a carry handle, it should be close enough to get you on paper. ;)

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    Just to close out this thread. Emailed customer support and told them the issues. They sent me a form to fill out and told me to mail it in. About two weeks later I got a new unit in the mail. Thanks to all for the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom