• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Went hunting in Wicomoco for a few days. Since Sunday hunting was out for our club (we lease state owned property), several of us went to DelMarVa Sporting near Vienna for Sporting Clays on Sunday. A great time was had by all! For those who haven't been there, there is a pretty good gun/gun supplies shop on the premises.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Went there last Sat and had a good time even though it was quite crowded. They had two RSO's running the show and averaged about 20-30mins shooting per ceasefire.

There were signs all over the place saying the daily range fee will increase to $25 starting Jan 1, but now there is going to be a discount (to $20) for Fire, Police, EMT, Corrections, Military & Seniors.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Went there last Sat and had a good time even though it was quite crowded. They had two RSO's running the show and averaged about 20-30mins shooting per ceasefire.

There were signs all over the place saying the daily range fee will increase to $25 starting Jan 1, but now there is going to be a discount (to $20) for Fire, Police, EMT, Corrections, Military & Seniors.

If you build it they will come.....

glad of the discounts.

gazingwa

Van Down By The River
    Jan 24, 2013
    Sussex County, DE

Great, a price increase on an already expensive trip. Now when I bring my wife it's $50.

Last week I was in PA and rented 2 people 1 booth indoor range for 16/hr.

The place is nice and all but on the weekdays or slower weekends it's pretty much shoot at your own risk and I've seen some special needs individuals there.

I really need to find somewhere else to go.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Great, a price increase on an already expensive trip. Now when I bring my wife it's $50.

Last week I was in PA and rented 2 people 1 booth indoor range for 16/hr.

The place is nice and all but on the weekdays or slower weekends it's pretty much shoot at your own risk and I've seen some special needs individuals there.

I really need to find somewhere else to go.

If you're in Wicomico try Gunsmoke..... no frills, small and only 10 bucks. 50, 100 and pistol I believe.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    DSC will also let you shoot awesome targets like tvs, radios, and breadmakers. Just clean up after yourself. Go on a tuesday afternoon when no one is there.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    DSC will also let you shoot awesome targets like tvs, radios, and breadmakers. Just clean up after yourself. Go on a tuesday afternoon when no one is there.

Considering the price of ammo these days, the range fee really isn't that bad considering how much they have improved the facilities over the last couple years. Two covered pistol ranges and covered positions for 50, 100, 200 & 300 yard rifle?! That stuff don't grow on trees or magically maintain itself.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    The best part of DSC is that they leave you alone as long as you are respectful and safe. Wanna try shooting two tokarevs at the same time? sure, but be safe and don't be an ass about it or interrupt other shooters. Like to shoot people/ bad guy printed silhouettes? I sure do. Just pick up your trash. Shoot steel core, tracer, AP, less lethal. No problem, just don't set the range on fire. I used to go there on rainy days and shoot my 45mm LAW [flares only]. Also, you never have to pick up brass. Range fee gets you in all day, BYOA.

I will say it is best to try to go when there is only a couple other people. Saturday and sunday draw big crowds with lots of cease fires and not as many open benches. But then again you are likely to meet other gun people with interesting stuff. I prefer some good old fashioned alone time myself, but would sometimes bring friends. Discounts for LE, military, and COs.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Years ago I shot a lot of ATA Trap and occasional skeet. I have also shot wobble trap and free thrown (either hand thrown or using my own spring loaded thrower). However, the sporting clays set up they had was challenging and fun.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    I would like to work it out where some of us members could go up there for a day meet greet and shoot. Anyone interested ?

AnonymousShooter

Jan 2, 2012
    Salisbury, MD
    So in the past two years it's went from 10(maybe 15) to 25 dollars? I mean I LOVE shooting there, but when I go, my wife usually goes as well. So it'll be 50 bucks just to shoot, that's crazy. It's already been mentioned, but with the cost of ammo and the cost of the range trip, it's getting a little out of control.

splatt

Apr 5, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    When I started going there 12 years ago, range fees were $8 for all day.
    Different range then, only 1 pistol area and if it rained the day before you had to walk thru a few inches of mud to put up your targets.
    Zeke did a lot of improvements over the years, including fixing the mud problem:D
    Still, $25 for all day isn't that bad. Still cheaper than most indoor ranges.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    When I started going there 12 years ago, range fees were $8 for all day.
    Different range then, only 1 pistol area and if it rained the day before you had to walk thru a few inches of mud to put up your targets.
    Zeke did a lot of improvements over the years, including fixing the mud problem:D
    Still, $25 for all day isn't that bad. Still cheaper than most indoor ranges.

If you just shoot 2 or 3 times a year, $20 or $25 ain't a bad deal. Most clubs/ranges cost more than that for yearly dues and they don't always have the kind of ranges DelMarVa has

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom