• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    This just popped up in an email.

http://www.1sale.com/products/creat...-in-home-office-carvehicle-desk-truck-wall-3/

Would anybody use such a thing (obviously pictures 3 and 4 would be illegal in the peoples republic of Maryland).

Not illegal for me :innocent0

Been discussed a ton. They actually work well for what I would consider their limited applications but as a dad with a small child, it's a no go in my household. If you were a single drug dealer with no kids this product would be perfect lol

callidus

May 21, 2013
    Maryland
    "YOUR SAFE IS OUR FIRST CONCERN!"

Gotta love the bad english. Still, seems like a fun concept. Especially if you have a room-sized safe (for wall mounting), or for mounting to desks/beds/etc. if you don't have to worry about kids or angry spouses.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    The ad says mounts any firearm. Would it work on this one with a brass receiver?

image39469-243cf84cddaa3e65d46c50a416611f37.jpg

IMG_1503102191-679x390.png

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I found keeping my Keltec P3-AT on a magnet seized it up. A little bit of racking the slide roughly freed it, but everything was starting to be magnetically locked up.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Magnets from Harbor freight and a section of old bicycle tube work just fine also.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't use that exact unit, but I do use magnets meant to stow a firearm. Great to hide a handgun under a shelf or drawer.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    I don't use that exact unit, but I do use magnets meant to stow a firearm. Great to hide a handgun under a shelf or drawer.

Yep, it's far from a new concept.
    You can get cheaper magnets and use them to make the empty door space in a safe a place to put pistols.

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    I found keeping my Keltec P3-AT on a magnet seized it up. A little bit of racking the slide roughly freed it, but everything was starting to be magnetically locked up.

That's always been a concern of mine and the reason I haven't gone with magnets. The pistol should demagnetize itself over time if kept away from the magnet. I've read that for normal magnetized objects, a strong impact can knock the electrons out of alignment and remove the magnetism. Perhaps for a firearm , simply shooting is enough.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    That's always been a concern of mine and the reason I haven't gone with magnets. The pistol should demagnetize itself over time if kept away from the magnet. I've read that for normal magnetized objects, a strong impact can knock the electrons out of alignment and remove the magnetism. Perhaps for a firearm , simply shooting is enough.

Racking it a few times was enough. But I'm not putting it back on the magnet.

Probably a lot harder to get a full size gun to do this.

gasman

Oct 8, 2007
    Baltimore City
    I have a few similar mounts around the house. You can find similar magnets on Amazon. They work great, and I haven't noticed any problems with magnetization of my G19 or G17s. My kids are not an issue as they are all shooters who've had safety drilled into them since age 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gasman

Oct 8, 2007
    Baltimore City
    ed799035cbfe851f116748a825e76533.jpg

Hard to tell from the photo, but this is taken shooting almost straight up in a crawl space/air duct chase.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    ed799035cbfe851f116748a825e76533.jpg

Hard to tell from the photo, but this is taken shooting almost straight up in a crawl space/air duct chase.

Serious question cause I like hideaway guns.

Do you have to jump/use tools to get to that?

My TP dispenser has a place for a plunger and brush but a hollow base, tip it over and voíla! You has gun!

I just can't see the value in a hidden gun that you can't reach in 2 easy steps. Unless you're a drug kingpin and it's next to at least 100k in getaway cash.

gasman

Oct 8, 2007
    Baltimore City
    Serious question cause I like hideaway guns.

Do you have to jump/use tools to get to that?

Nope. It's a space behind a built-in bookcase that is on one side of an opening into our kitchen. We hide a vacuum cleaner, broom, mop, and other things back there. The space is accessed by opening a panel in the wall which is latched with a spring loaded magnet. The panel is actually the box framed out with moulding. It's sort of like a shadow box you typically see under chair rail moulding, only taller. The top edge is at about 5'. The mount is up behind the top edge at about my eye height. Simply push the panel and let go, and it swings open. Reach up under the top edge of the opening, and it's right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom