• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    On the news now 2 upstanding members of the Baltimore community attempt to rob 3 undercover ATF agents sitting in a pick up. 1 shot and the other fled. They recovered a 44 mag.

I bet these gentlemen men were surprised to find a mark packing heat.:D

To bad Maryland won't allow this to be the norm.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Here is the most intriguing line of the story:
    "BPD is working with ATF in the investigation"
    Baltimore is more than happy to work with a Federal Agency (ATF) to get rid of illegal firearms, but they won't work with a Federal Agency (ICE) to get rid of illegal aliens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Baltimore is more than happy to work with a Federal Agency (ATF) to get rid of illegal firearms, but they won't work with a Federal Agency (ICE) to get rid of illegal aliens.

Doncha knoe.. Illegal is good.. guns are bad. ;)

Too bad one got away..

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Just watching the 10 o'clock news, they showed a press conference with some high ranking Baltimore cop. I just wanted to slap the crap out of him and the reporter doing the story who was following his lead. The cop went on about getting a high calibre gun commonly know as a "Dirty Harry" gun off the streets, the reporter showed a pic of it on his cell phone (wrong model for old Harry). No mention of the criminal that had the gun, he was of no importance, he was just the tool of this highly dangerous killing machine which is thankfully off our streets.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hey ! That's a Taraus M44. Harry was strictly a S&W guy. (Except for that Automag).

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Annually, roughly half of all FBI firearm uses (shootings) take place when a criminal mistakes them for common folk and tries to perpetrate some crime against them (armed robbery, car jackings, etc).

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Annually, roughly half of all FBI firearm uses (shootings) take place when a criminal mistakes them for common folk and tries to perpetrate some crime against them (armed robbery, car jackings, etc).

I don't doubt it. This also illustrates the need for armed law abiding citizens.

If you happen to recall or stumble upon the source of that talking point, please share it. There may be some other salient facts, and I like to know/check sources before I quote, if possible. Thx!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Just watching the 10 o'clock news, they showed a press conference with some high ranking Baltimore cop. I just wanted to slap the crap out of him and the reporter doing the story who was following his lead. The cop went on about getting a high calibre gun commonly know as a "Dirty Harry" gun off the streets, the reporter showed a pic of it on his cell phone (wrong model for old Harry). No mention of the criminal that had the gun, he was of no importance, he was just the tool of this highly dangerous killing machine which is thankfully off our streets.

That was the police commissioner.
    He doesn't like guns very much at all. He's more of a form-a-committee-and-hug-it-out kind of guy.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I don't doubt it. This also illustrates the need for armed law abiding citizens.

If you happen to recall or stumble upon the source of that talking point, please share it. There may be some other salient facts, and I like to know/check sources before I quote, if possible. Thx!

Tom Givens mentions it all the time in classes, seminars, and podcasts. The same statement is made by him on page 98 of his book, Fighting Smarter. He quotes many stats about distances, rounds fired, etc., but I am not sure of the source he is referencing. I can reach out him and see what he says.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Well said knastera. Baltimore politicians are probably distraught by this incident. One of their protected constituents won't be taking more free stuff home tonight--redistribution of wealth by crime.

:banghead:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    In all seriousness I'm a little surprised we haven't heard complaints from the usual police-hating politicians and groups in Baltimore about federal law enforcement being involved in policing in the city and how this puts community members in more danger and blah, blah, blah, blah. I think because it was simply such a clear cut incident, and also because there was no video for cop-hating people to pick apart frame by frame and say something like "look, the bad guy misunderstood gentleman's finger wasn't totally on the trigger when the agents shot him! Such injustice!!"

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    It bothers me how the media and law enforcement spokespeople like to demonize a weapon because of its appearance and/or size. When it comes to firearms, size doesn't matter. My carry piece is a tiny Beretta Pico chambered in .380 ACP. At 10 yards, it's equally as dangerous as a 44, if not more so, because it is easily hidden and it has a built in laser. The anti gun folks play on emotions to chip away at 2A. They start with the evil AR platform and convince people there is no need for anyone to own an AR. Then they parade a large caliber pistol to convince people there is no need for anyone to own a .44 Magnum. Once people are convinced there is no need for certain firearms, they will be convinced there is no need for any firearms.
    76687caa640b327479c25671f08a4b7c.jpg

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    It bothers me how the media and law enforcement spokespeople like to demonize a weapon because of its appearance and/or size. When it comes to firearms, size doesn't matter. My carry piece is a tiny Beretta Pico chambered in .380 ACP. At 10 yards, it's equally as dangerous as a 44, if not more so, because it is easily hidden and it has a built in laser. The anti gun folks play on emotions to chip away at 2A. They start with the evil AR platform and convince people there is no need for anyone to own an AR. Then they parade a large caliber pistol to convince people there is no need for anyone to own a .44 Magnum. Once people are convinced there is no need for certain firearms, they will be convinced there is no need for any firearms.
    76687caa640b327479c25671f08a4b7c.jpg

Agreed, and don't forget not effective enough is also a reason to them for a ban, aka the "Saturday Night Special"laws.

They're like a liberal version of Goldilocks (come to think of it, Goldilocks was probably a liberal anyway, walking around with no job, B&E'd a house, helped herself to their shit, acted like she deserved it all, took a nap in broad daylight, then ran off when confronted). Anyway, gun grabbers are just like her. "This one is too big, this one is too small. This one shoots too many bullets at once, this one doesn't shoot enough." However, unlike the fairy tale, nothing you own will ever be "just right."

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Agreed, and don't forget not effective enough is also a reason to them for a ban, aka the "Saturday Night Special"laws.

They're like a liberal version of Goldilocks (come to think of it, Goldilocks was probably a liberal anyway, walking around with no job, B&E'd a house, helped herself to their shit, acted like she deserved it all, took a nap in broad daylight, then ran off when confronted). Anyway, gun grabbers are just like her. "This one is too big, this one is too small. This one shoots too many bullets at once, this one doesn't shoot enough." However, unlike the fairy tale, nothing you own will ever be "just right."

LOVE the Goldilocks analogy. It is easily extended. This bullet has too much lead, this copper bullet flies too fast, this jacketed hollow-point expands too much (NJ), this BB gun is too much like a real gun, this magazine holds too much, this lack of a safety is too dangerous, and of course, this pop-tart bitten into the shape of a pistol is too scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom