• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stacks3700

Member Member
    Mar 30, 2017
    There is no CCW in the State of Maryland, it's a "Wear & Carry Permit" allowing one to wear & carry a firearm with restrictions of some sort. These restrictions could range from none (super few) to only during the hours of x to x and anything in between. The Free State of Maryland. Chris

so basically my chances are slim to none

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Just to update my W&C progress.
    MSP received my app on 2/5, first contact was 3/31 to schedule interview.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Regardless everything one reads about "cash" and a permit, I sure was pressed out of the box about cash deposits. If your G&S is a business, find a way to fudge that one. I was actually blessed days before the interview receiving $2600 cash in a Wendy's parking lot I could cop to. The lady became very curious, and I explained, "We invoice and are customer friendly accommodating our clients choice of payment." "You better believe a guy that owes that much offers to meet at Wendy's a couple miles away, I'll be there."

While the field interview will ask about cash deposits, it is not required. Several folks have either refused to answer that question because it isn't supported in Statute or COMAR, or they have brought up that MSP policy does not currently require proof of cash deposits, so why is the interviewer asking. All have gotten their permits without answering the question.

straightravage

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 17, 2017
    At 91 days those that are still waiting can request a review by the HPRB.

Is there somewhere I can find this to read about it? No disrespect intended, I would just like to read it and be informed. I am coming close to hitting that timeline, that is why I am asking, thanks.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Is there somewhere I can find this to read about it? No disrespect intended, I would just like to read it and be informed. I am coming close to hitting that timeline, that is why I am asking, thanks.

5-312 of the Public Safety Code lays out the what and when. I have included the entire 5-312 below for your perusal.

Regular days or business days?

That would be regular days, as I mentioned above if the statute had meant business days, the statute would say "Business days". See 5-312(a)(2) in the statute I have included for your perusal.

Public Safety Code 5-312 said:
    5-312. Action by Board

(a) Request for review authorized. --

(1) A person who is denied a permit or renewal of a permit or whose permit is revoked or limited may request the Board to review the decision of the Secretary by filing a written request with the Board within 10 days after receipt of written notice of the Secretary's final action.

(2) A person whose application for a permit or renewal of a permit is not acted on by the Secretary within 90 days after submitting the application to the Secretary may request a hearing before the Board by filing a written request with the Board.

(b) Form of review. -- Within 90 days after receiving a request to review a decision of the Secretary, the Board shall:

(1) review the record developed by the Secretary; or

(2) conduct a hearing.

(c) Evidence. -- The Board may receive and consider additional evidence submitted by a party in conducting a review of the decision of the Secretary.

(d) Decision by Board. --

(1) Based on the Board's consideration of the record and any additional evidence, the Board shall sustain, reverse, or modify the decision of the Secretary.

(2) If the action by the Board results in the denial of a permit or renewal of a permit or the revocation or limitation of a permit, the Board shall submit in writing to the applicant or the holder of the permit the reasons for the action taken by the Board.

(e) Administrative procedures. --

(1) Any hearing and any subsequent proceedings of judicial review shall be conducted in accordance with Title 10, Subtitle 2 of the State Government Article.

(2) Notwithstanding paragraph (1) of this subsection, a court may not order the issuance or renewal of a permit or alter a limitation on a permit pending a final determination of the proceeding.

HISTORY: An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 36E(i)(2)-(4); 2003, ch. 5, § 2.

straightravage

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 17, 2017
    Is it possible to call MSP and ask about the status of a submitted application? Or, will that pushed back further?

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Update - my retired Navy friend got his back. He works for a defense contractor. His restriction reads that he is authorized to carry as long as he is employed as a DOD contractor by XXXXXX (name of his employer). He is not in the physical security business - he's a retired submarine Master Chief.

He used OPM breech, ISIS and access to TS/SCI as his justification.

He had his MSP interview a couple weeks after he mailed in his application and received his cards a couple weeks after his interview. I was listed as one of his references and they did call and conduct a short interview with me.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Update - my retired Navy friend got his back. He works for a defense contractor. His restriction reads that he is authorized to carry as long as he is employed as a DOD contractor by XXXXXX (name of his employer). He is not in the physical security business - he's a retired submarine Master Chief.

He used OPM breech, ISIS and access to TS/SCI as his justification.

He had his MSP interview a couple weeks after he mailed in his application and received his cards a couple weeks after his interview. I was listed as one of his references and they did call and conduct a short interview with me.

Do you have time line dates? From your description it sounds like it was only 3 to 5 weeks total?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom