• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Well safe to say that bears are out of hibernation at this point. Had another bear in the backyard again last night it seems. I have a camo blind set up for turkey season which was callopsed, 2 bird houses knocked over again and a 50lb salt block knocked off the stump.

Pulled both trail cams and the only thing I saw besides deer was a super up close pic of something that was too close to the camera to focus on it, although looks to be hairy and black LOL.

TwinTurboDiesel

Hellbilly Punk
    May 21, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    They are friendly.

Disclaimer: don't do this.

vusejyny.jpg

Taken one night last year. Wanted to see how close he could get. Momma bear showed up 15 mins later.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Try some "education" first with spray and rubber rounds. It is pretty fun to be perfectly honest. This being an adult bear that is by your description, displaying behavior that it is wise in the ways of getting food rewards from human sources, it is most likely set in its ways and will not stop trying to get food from your property. Bears need to be educated early that humans = pain and no food. You can armor your house by storing the grill secured, secured garbage bins, etc... or you can kill it if legal. Most bears that constantly get food from humans eventually display aggressiveness and have to be put down when that happens. I'm sure MD DNR can help and advise on all of the above.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Well safe to say that bears are out of hibernation at this point. Had another bear in the backyard again last night it seems. I have a camo blind set up for turkey season which was callopsed, 2 bird houses knocked over again and a 50lb salt block knocked off the stump.

Pulled both trail cams and the only thing I saw besides deer was a super up close pic of something that was too close to the camera to focus on it, although looks to be hairy and black LOL.

Ray Lewis???

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    This you one showed up about 9am this morning. He wasnt scared of the dog or me banging on the windows....maybe too young?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom