Attachments

• MDSindoorrange.jpg
      MDSindoorrange.jpg
      22.9 KB · Views: 482

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    We could always join as a club of the AGC!

I like this idea. Dues could go to supporting the site, MSI and the work going on by the regulars that protest in Annapolis. Our community is fairly giving and though I'm already with a club, I'd have no qualms joining a MDS group as well. Might also help fund some merch expansions (say softcases and range bags to add to the shirts and stickers) to spread the word of the community.

GUNNUT777

Apr 29, 2015
    I have been taking some tactical weapons classes and I have learned a lot! However the range that I currently belong to won’t let me practice what I have learned such as shooting on the move and from cover. Can anyone recommend a tactical friendly weapons range within a 1 HR to a 1 ½ HR drive form Bel Air MD? Thanks. GUNNUT777

crazybird

Clandestines Wife
    Oct 3, 2009
    Cecil County
    I have been taking some tactical weapons classes and I have learned a lot! However the range that I currently belong to won’t let me practice what I have learned such as shooting on the move and from cover. Can anyone recommend a tactical friendly weapons range within a 1 HR to a 1 ½ HR drive form Bel Air MD? Thanks. GUNNUT777

DELMARVA allows holster draws and advancing down the line if done safely but that's about it. Your best be would be to make friends with someone who owns a chunk of land.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    I would pay a monthly due for Maryland Shooters, we have a lot of members. It can grow tremendously.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I'd be interested in that...but I'm guessing members with more history than me have looked into this already??

Not sure if anyone has or not.

The procedure is quite simple and outlined in the By-Laws (available on the AGC website - www.associatedgunclubs.org).

Basically you need a charter of incorporation as a club, make a presentation to the AGC Board of Trustees about why you want to join, pay an initial fee of $200.00 and get voted in. After that, the yearly fee is only $50.00 to remain an active club at the AGC. The current range badge fee is $160.00 per year.

You can set your club dues to be whatever you want. We currently have 31 clubs that use the AGC range facility and the club dues vary from $25.00-$60.00.

Most AGC shooters belong to just one club but others belong to more than one.

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    You can set your club dues to be whatever you want. We currently have 31 clubs that use the AGC range facility and the club dues vary from $25.00-$60.00.

I know at least one club with dues even lower than that! :)

What would be the purpose of a club? Run special events for MDS forum members primarily in central MD? Assuming the club would be separate entity from the forum, who would run the club? Would TexKev(he owns the forum, right?) need to give permission to use trademarked logos and stuff?

I am genuinely interested. I wouldn't be leaving my current club, but would consider joining a second club if the dues were reasonable and there were good events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom