• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    Biggfoot44 as usual did a terrific job with his testimony! Thank you very much to everyone who came out to fight the good fight to uphold our rights. Congratulations to the new folks who are getting into the thick of things and coming out to testify. It makes a difference to have a lot of diverse testimony. It never ceases to amaze me how people with different experiences and backgrounds can find so many issues and problems with the proposed law. Great job everyone!

It is frustrating hearing to hear the bills sponsors/supporters say the purpose of their bill is to go after criminals. Unfortunately, their bills always seem to lump honest citizens who happen to be gun owners into the same net. Their bills would make us criminals and whittle away at our Constitutional Rights bit by bit until there is nothing left. It is amazing how each year they give a wink and nod saying: Oh, we aren't after honest gun owners. We would use prosecutorial discretion. Do they really believe anyone is stupid enough to believe that?

We need a lot of help for next Tuesday at the House Hearings. If you can't stay to testify, please drop written testimony off. If you can testify, please come out. We need a lot of help. There are so many bills. Having new people testify on the bills really helps.

Thank you!
    :patriot:

You have to realize that many on the other side actually think of gun owners as criminals, or at the very least "likely criminals" since we don't conform to their idea of how members of society should act.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The next one on 3/6 is the Big Show . If you only make one Legislative event , this is the one.

In addition to the marathon Hearing in HJC , there will be two pro-gun Bills heard in SJPC at the same time .

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Just watched Rack's testimony.

Bloody good show!!!!!

I guess Delegate Butterfly McQueen came straight from central casting. I am surprised she didn't add "Mmmmm hmmmmm" after screeching "How dare YOU" to Rack.

The MGA does not give ONE shiit about anything other than continuing their FAILED liberal agenda.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Not true, since MD rolled back the ballistic fingerprinting program that solved NO crimes. I guess rolling it back proves it can be done, so they don't have an "impossible" argument to rely on.

ok, you got me there.

I wasn't really trying to get you, I was really taking the opportunity to point out that the state got itself. They showed that it can be done, that our planet did not go spinning off its axis, and so it is possible to do it again...and again...and again...pinch me, I must be dreaming...

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Can't make it to testify but for the transfer bill what happens if my wife takes my handgun to the range. We aren't going to buy two of each gun.

Would have been a good argument to make -- this bill will result in more people buying guns because you can't share.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Just watched Rack's testimony.

Bloody good show!!!!!

I guess Delegate Butterfly McQueen came straight from central casting. I am surprised she didn't add "Mmmmm hmmmmm" after screeching "How dare YOU" to Rack.

The MGA does not give ONE shiit about anything other than continuing their FAILED liberal agenda.

Please post a link so I can watch it

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    The next one on 3/6 is the Big Show . If you only make one Legislative event , this is the one.

In addition to the marathon Hearing in HJC , there will be two pro-gun Bills heard in SJPC at the same time .

I'll try to make it, but I'm having cataract surgery the 5th.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Could someone tell me if we know the specific order that bills would be discussed on Tuesday. I’m probably not going to be able to get downtown until about 5:30pm.

If all of the seats in the chamber are taken are visitors allowed to stand in the chamber to observe the hearings?

I know signs are not allowed but are you allowed to wear a simple button that for example may just read “Oppose SB1062”

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Could someone tell me if we know the specific order that bills would be discussed on Tuesday. I’m probably not going to be able to get downtown until about 5:30pm.

We won't know the order until the start of the hearings.

If all of the seats in the chamber are taken are visitors allowed to stand in the chamber to observe the hearings?

It depends on the committee but as a general rule, yes, so long as you are not blocking the doors.

I know signs are not allowed but are you allowed to wear a simple button that for example may just read “Oppose SB1062”

Yes, absolutely

qwertee123

Choose Freedom
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2009
    Stuck in MoCo ...
    We need more folks to show up and fill the gallery with pro-2A supporters.

Come on down!

Reply if you’re coming and we’ll try to save you a seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom