Tavor or not Tavor..That is the question...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Discovering my new love of firearms in the O'Malley kingdom is awful.

So many I want, so little time and cash.

Thought I was done. Haha! )

Would it be a good final salute?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Honestly I think it is very likely, given the Tavor would be fine if it had about 3/4 of an inch on it that we will see a version with a slightly longer flashider or a DMR version sporting a 19.5" barrel. Just too much money in it.

That said, I ordered the first one I saw for $50 below MSRP with free shipping. Fits the body like a fine woman.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You need about an inch and a half, even on the 18" version. (Incidentally, the 18" version is the DMR version in the IDF when paired with an ACOG.)

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    You need about an inch and a half, even on the 18" version. (Incidentally, the 18" version is the DMR version in the IDF when paired with an ACOG.)

Ya you are right, I still think well see a "US" DMR version for the civies.

OP... whats your cheapest rate CC? I generally dont advocate credit card debt but given the political situation and as long as you have a solid plan to pay it off. I know my lowest card is around 1.74% so it makes sense to buy now if you really want it (Id get a second if I saw one in 18.5" FDE).

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I'd say go for it ! I like the msar/ Aug much better my self ( I have tavors as well) but the fact its cash and carry makes it very tempting at this point.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    You'll have to make your own, by getting a MD gunsmith to put a 5-inch muzzle brake on it. That will get it over the 29-inch minimum limit that goes into effect on October 1.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Eh, ~$1900 is a bit much for a design that doesn't really offer any major improvements over the AR-15 or FN SCAR. And comes with a crap trigger out of the box.

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    Eh, ~$1900 is a bit much for a design that doesn't really offer any major improvements over the AR-15 or FN SCAR. And comes with a crap trigger out of the box.

The Tavor is growing on me, but the trigger is, like, nine pounds. Is there a way to get it lower, or is that just something inherent with bullpups in general?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom