• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I expect this from FEDEX. Not UPS.

Did you insure the crap out of it for full value?

UPS is good up to 100 dollars.

The rest of the value is on the person shipping the item.

Hope you find it.

I can't image that a prepaid label from Remington wouldn't be insured to the rifle's value.

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    This is why, if I get a r700 anytime soon, the first thing I intend to do is get an aftermarket trigger like a timney. It fixes the said recall.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    yeah its insured from Remington directly. wish i would have just waited. the final word was to get ahold of the west town police dept directly and they will be handling it. hope it turns up soon. the type of person who would steal my rifle is probably the type of person who does not need to have one in the first place. will keep updated.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I can't image that a prepaid label from Remington wouldn't be insured to the rifle's value.

Sorry to hear of your loss and sorry to tell you this, but in the world of vintage BMW motorcycles, where heads, final drives and transmissions go back and forth to just a few mechanics qualified to do the job right; UPS doesn't stand behind their insurance.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Sorry to hear of your loss and sorry to tell you this, but in the world of vintage BMW motorcycles, where heads, final drives and transmissions go back and forth to just a few mechanics qualified to do the job right; UPS doesn't stand behind their insurance.

That doesn't bode well for the OP.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I'm wondering, since Remington sent the shipping label, will Remington have to fight with UPS rather than the OP over the insurance?

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Anytime you ship a firearm through UPS, always insure it for +$5000. It will then be considered a "High Value" package, and get basically hand carried through the system, hand placed on trucks (with location noted), and marked with red hi-viz tape to distinguish it, just in case it finds its way back into the regular system. UPS used to charge .50 cents for each $100 (not sure if that has gone up), so that does add $25 to the price of shipping. But you can guarantee that the package will be treated like it was the CEO's personal package. :) (Anything insured for over $1000 is also considered hi-value, gets segregated, and receives special treatment, but the +$5000 packages are treated like gold)

asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    I dont understand why they make you ship the whole rifle and not just the trigger group if its a trigger problem. Plus dont you have to pay for a transfer again when you get it back. I havent shipped complete firearms before only parts like barrels, bolts, triggers. But I wouldve either just replaced the trigger myself if it was me or just ask Remington to let me ship the trigger group. They could put it in a test rifle easily probably and see if its defective. I would never ship a complete rifle. Some of my guns even if I have warrenties, if they have a problem I fix them myself. If they need parts, then I try to get free replacement parts out of it. I dont why Remington dosent just send out corrected trigger groups. Thats just me though.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You don't need to pay another transfer fee. Remington can ship the rifle directly back to you, as can any FFL. You ship to them, they can ship back to you directly.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    They want the entire rifle so they can check over and test fire the entire rifle.

As the person above me stated, they will ship it back to you at the same address with an adult signature REQUIRED.

Dean5791

Remington Fan
    Mar 25, 2010
    Firearms don't get lost, they get stolen. This is not exactly the kind of thing you would see laying around in the corner of a warehouse and think nothing of it.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Well final update... after a hell of a police investigation spanning 3 agencies..... we finally found the rifle and it is now with Remington in new york. the rifle was apparently put on the truck for original pickup, the label screwed up in some way and sent all the way to Missouri to the lost and found. From there it sat for 21 days while it was researched where to send it and shipped out under a different tracking number. Finally it arrives at Remington a few days ago. Never again will i ship a rifle. The entire thing has been a disaster.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Well final update... after a hell of a police investigation spanning 3 agencies..... we finally found the rifle and it is now with Remington in new york. the rifle was apparently put on the truck for original pickup, the label screwed up in some way and sent all the way to Missouri to the lost and found. From there it sat for 21 days while it was researched where to send it and shipped out under a different tracking number. Finally it arrives at Remington a few days ago. Never again will i ship a rifle. The entire thing has been a disaster.

No shit! Glad it worked out for you. Luckily my experiences have been much more positive.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Always Contact ATF, Mine was taken from a Hub and mysteriously showed up when threatened with ATF by the dealer that was shipping it to me. I had conf that he dropped it off, but then it never left the hub, i called him a few weeks later and asked what day it said, he said it would have already been to me.

Glad they found your rifle!!

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Anytime you ship a firearm through UPS, always insure it for +$5000. It will then be considered a "High Value" package, and get basically hand carried through the system, hand placed on trucks (with location noted), and marked with red hi-viz tape to distinguish it, just in case it finds its way back into the regular system. UPS used to charge .50 cents for each $100 (not sure if that has gone up), so that does add $25 to the price of shipping. But you can guarantee that the package will be treated like it was the CEO's personal package. :) (Anything insured for over $1000 is also considered hi-value, gets segregated, and receives special treatment, but the +$5000 packages are treated like gold)

Many thanks for the info, definitely good to know!

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

That's great news.

Did the label you printed out yourself on plain paper from their e-mail get torn off, or did the information print out incorrectly? If the former, in the future (if you didn't in this case) it's a good idea to put CLEAR packing tape over the entire plain paper label, not just around the edges, to reduce the chance of the flimsy plain paper label tearing off. They should put that in their packing instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom