• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    this is so idiotic I was surprised it happened in Virginia, not Maryland. No place is safe from the hoplophobes...

Students Suspended For Playing With Pellet Gun in Own Front Yard, One Mother Called Because It Made Her “Uncomfortable” to See a Boy Point a Gun She Knew Wasn’t Real

A suspended seventh grade Virginia Beach student will find out soon if he is expelled for the rest of the year for shooting an airsoft gun...

http://reason.com/blog/2013/09/23/students-suspended-for-playing-with-pell

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Jesus. I was suspended and forced to have a psych eval in high school because someone heard me talking about Counter-Strike with a friend on the bus. Thank god no one ever saw my airsoft stuff!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Wait...she knew the kids were just playing and she knew the "guns" were toys...

What's the penalty for calling 911 for ********? Like calling 911 for a wrong McDonalds order!

CLP

Dec 18, 2012
    My nephew (who is only 3..) was disciplined and his mother lectured by daycare staff, for pretending to shoot lazers from a toy guitar.. No thanks! Home schooling for my kids

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    My nephew (who is only 3..) was disciplined and his mother lectured by daycare staff, for pretending to shoot lazers from a toy guitar.. No thanks! Home schooling for my kids

You've got to be kidding me...outrageous.

This whole BS zero tolerance sounds like a ploy to foster a generation of antis....

CLP

Dec 18, 2012
    You've got to be kidding me...outrageous.

This whole BS zero tolerance sounds like a ploy to foster a generation of antis....

The funny thing about it to me though is that his mother doesn't like guns, but she was upset with how the daycare staff reacted when it was her kid being scrutinzed. I can only hope that one day the paranoid woman from the OP's post gets a taste of irony when her kid gets suspended for "imitation of firearm in a self destructive manner" for picking his nose with his thumb extended:lol2:

maltob

Jun 26, 2012
    this is so idiotic I was surprised it happened in Virginia, not Maryland. No place is safe from the hoplophobes...

Students Suspended For Playing With Pellet Gun in Own Front Yard, One Mother Called Because It Made Her “Uncomfortable” to See a Boy Point a Gun She Knew Wasn’t Real

A suspended seventh grade Virginia Beach student will find out soon if he is expelled for the rest of the year for shooting an airsoft gun...

http://reason.com/blog/2013/09/23/students-suspended-for-playing-with-pell

It was an airsoft gun not a pellet gun? If he had a pellet gun shooting someone's kid at a bus stop getting suspended makes more sense.

Are bus stops considered a school zone during pickup? I doubt the students would be allowed to do the same thing on school property, whether it be airsoft, Nerf, and or foam swords.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    It was an airsoft gun not a pellet gun? If he had a pellet gun shooting someone's kid at a bus stop getting suspended makes more sense.

Are bus stops considered a school zone during pickup? I doubt the students would be allowed to do the same thing on school property, whether it be airsoft, Nerf, and or foam swords.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, the fact that it happened at/near a bus stop, might make a difference. Did the kid intend to bring the gun to school? You could argue that, since he might not have had time to run back inside to put the gun away when the school bus arrived. And bringing something like that to school would be a definite no-no. But still, the school shouldn't have authority in a situation like this until the kid was actually on school property. The article stated that they were on his parents property when this happened, but if the bus stop was right in front of said property, where would you draw the line.

Meh. Too many variables to reach a conclusion without more information. There is often more to a story than what an article mentions. Maybe the kid in question was a troublemaker, maybe the family has a history of violent crime, perhaps the neighbor knows that the father has guns and isn't too careful with them. {shrug}

Yes, this is probably BS. But there "could" be a valid reason for the neighbor's concern. This isn't as ludicrous as the kid getting suspended for pointing his finger like a gun at another kid.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Back when I went to school the moment you left your house then you were subject to school rules. Like if you were walking to the bus stop or walking to the school and got into a fight with another student then school would handle it when you got here. Most of the time parents were called and you got suspended for a couple days.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    No place like Hampton/Va Beach.
    "Prius Heaven"

I graduated from Green Run in the 80s. As a JROTC student, I used to take home a drill rifle (welded 1903) slung over my shoulder, either on the bus or walking the 1.5 miles to the house...

Last edited:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Per WTOP, kids suspended for the complete school year with a hearing in January to determine if they will be relieved of the suspension for the second semester...UFB

dusty61

Jul 18, 2012
    Waldorf
    so....let me see if i have this straight...a couple kids are playing with toy airsoft/pellet guns ON PRIVATE PROPERTY, and got expelled???

Nov 2, 2013
    Richmond, VA
    This is so very Virginian. People here are very unreasonable and will have a problem over nothing, especially regarding kids, because they have this complex where they think they should be in control of everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom