• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I refuse to get into a pissing match with you. Last time you started one the ban hammer fell for PUI.

Not pertinent to this whatsoever.

Piss all you want or not. I mean if you want to lob less than stellar guards and their permits to those hard earned and deserved by the likes of people here who fought tooth and nail for theirs, so be it. I classify the two MUCH differently.Yeah. I hate guards.
    Maybe you're one and are taking it personal.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I get it. You don't. PHYSICALLY it is one card. Sure. That's not my point. The way one GETS their card is different. In the eyes of the law it IS different. Just ask someone who had to fight for theirs through denial and appeal and someone who applies for a 10 buck an hour security job who says " Oh I have my permit".
    That's the same huh?

It is the same permit.

And they did have to take that crappy $10 an hour job to get it.

I see your point, but they really are the same permit.

I was called my an MSP investigator today and will be going for my interview at the Jessup barracks next week. On my original application I listed "personal protection and all other lawful purposes" as my reason supporting my application. That was it. The investigator told me that would not be sufficient (duh) and I would need to bring some supporting information. I'm writing a G&S statement now.

The application packet was delivered on 3/8.

I'm really glad I joined this forum and understand the G&S standard. I was told that all I needed to say to justify my application was "personal protection."

The investigator also asked me to bring my range qualification score. We'll see what happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish you the best. if you are successful, it would be a motivator to all of us.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I was called my an MSP investigator today and will be going for my interview at the Jessup barracks next week. On my original application I listed "personal protection and all other lawful purposes" as my reason supporting my application. That was it. The investigator told me that would not be sufficient (duh) and I would need to bring some supporting information. I'm writing a G&S statement now.

I'm really glad I joined this forum and understand the G&S standard. I was told that all I needed to say to justify my application was "personal protection."

The investigator also asked me to bring my range qualification score. We'll see what happens!

Damn, Golden boy indeed..

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Ah, the lovely and gracious Investigator Wright. And it's actually the Waterloo Barracks.

If what you have described is your G&S you're hosed.

And welcome to MDS.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'll have a G&S ready when I get there and hand it in. It's not like I'm going to just maintain my original statement of "personal protection and all other lawful purposes." I have 4 things I'm citing, one of which is the OPM breach.

Please tell me that you have a TS/SCI clearance and you will be in good shape.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I need to clarify. -- When I originally applied, I was told by a friend that "personal protection and all other lawful purposes" is being accepted as G&S.

Being naive, I sent in my application with no drawn out G&S statement. As I learned today, that is definitely not acceptable.

Now, after combing these threads I am surprised that I even received a call in the first place. After reading what has been posted by you all, I am surprised I didn't receive a disapproval letter outright from MSP.

At least now I'll have an opportunity to supplement my application with a G&S statement when I go for my interview. I'm grateful for that at least.

MSP gets smacked by the HPRB if they don't follow the process.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I need to clarify. -- When I originally applied, I was told by a friend that "personal protection and all other lawful purposes" is being accepted as G&S.

Being naive, I sent in my application with no drawn out G&S statement. As I learned today, that is definitely not acceptable.

Now, after combing these threads I am surprised that I even received a call in the first place. After reading what has been posted by you all, I am surprised I didn't receive a disapproval letter outright from MSP.

At least now I'll have an opportunity to supplement my application with a G&S statement when I go for my interview. I'm grateful for that at least.

My call from Waterloo Wright was interesting. She basically started off, "I have no deposits, so bring some or there is no sense in coming". I told her I sent at least a dozen of my last deposits in the package. She replies, "Well they are not here" "You need to call Pikesville and see if they can find them." When I replied, "I need to call them? I sent them, you can get through to whoever you need to speak to better than I can." Well the Golden rule, you'll never win a debate with a cop then proceeded to do as commanded. First call to LD no luck. "I don't see any, but call back tomorrow" (huh?) So next day get through, and my query was being dismissed, because "We sent everything we had." After some debate put on hold for maybe 15 minutes. Here's the answer, " Oh we see you sent your original deposit receipts, you are suppose to send copies, that is the problem." Well there I go thinking again, originals are less proof than copies.

Regardless of whether cash deposit is required, if your G&S is a business I was pressed hard to legitimize my need with inquiries of how much cash I deposit, and frequency. This was corroborated by another applicant that saw her the same month, who posted on MDS. Luckily, I had just had huge cash deposit that ended that topic.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Please tell me that you have a TS/SCI clearance and you will be in good shape.

you don't need a /SCI to get a permit. Having a clearance helps..don't know why people have to throw in the /SCI..MSP doesn't care about it and frankly, sci isn't the "be all" of things. Not going to debate, just throwing my 2 cents out there..

Oh and GL to the OP on getting theirs...

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    you don't need a /SCI to get a permit. Having a clearance helps..don't know why people have to throw in the /SCI..MSP doesn't care about it and frankly, sci isn't the "be all" of things. Not going to debate, just throwing my 2 cents out there..

Oh and GL to the OP on getting theirs...

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Haha. Received my non-resident NH in the mail the other day. I did it to get PA.

I might be mistaken, but I believe that you need to have a permit issued by your home state of residence to qualify for a non-resident PA permit.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

Kaffakid

May 14, 2017
    DC
    I might be mistaken, but I believe that you need to have a permit issued by your home state of residence to qualify for a non-resident PA permit.

The agreement PA has with NH doesn't discriminate between Non-resident and resident NH Carry. So, as I understand it, a non-resident NH gives you PA.

In order to get a PA non-resident carry, yes you do have to have a carry from your home state.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom