• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Dear honorable and righteous mods,

Any chance when a thread is locked that the mod locking it could make a final post in the thread explaining the reasons why?

And when a thread is deleted perhaps a mod could PM the OP with the reason why the thread was deleted?

I think you guys all do an awesome job at moderating this great forum. I think it would be easier for those of us that want to play by the rules to do so when we know what went wrong.

Thanks for your consideration,
    boundlessdyad

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Anything recently get canned (today or yesterday)? Sometimes it's obvious when a thread is going to hell, stirring up infighting, duplicated, or not conforming to site rules. Often there are mod warnings in the thread before the lock (or a lot of deleted posts which is a warning in itself). Just wondering if I've missed something that wasn't obvious.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I think 99% of the time it's something that someone participating in the thread should have known and so the Mod is just not going to waste their time reiterating it for the nth time.

Moding takes time and they should'nt have to waste more of it on the people trying to see how far they can push limits of Mods patience.

Last edited:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Anything recently get canned (today or yesterday)? Sometimes it's obvious when a thread is going to hell, stirring up infighting, duplicated, or not conforming to site rules. Often there are mod warnings in the thread before the lock (or a lot of deleted posts which is a warning in itself). Just wondering if I've missed something that wasn't obvious.

Yep, Inigoes pm'ed me a few hours ago about the thread lock linked below. I am trying to find out what caused the lock after over 1000 posts. No recent trolling or disputes.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=4719288

Feb 28, 2013
    I've asked for this in the past as well.

IMO, it would help the community understand the boundaries.

I ain't gonna presume to try and tell this gang how to run their railroad, but unless it's nuthin' but a straight up troll thread I make it a point to do that on the site I mod for. I don't like to leave folks hangin' and wind up havin' 'em ask questions like this here.

Feb 28, 2013
    Yeah that ones kinda weird. I mean there was some bickering but nothing that seemed over the top.

Something one could say there is that IMO the subject alone is revoltin' on its face. I'm thinkin' somebody must feel MDS deserves better...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I might not search too deeply for a reason on that one. Although you did update the thread title, pizzagate is still early in the thread, right? Lots of sites have excised discussion re Comet Pizza accusations out of legal concerns. This could come from the ownership, but I don't think it worth poking around. You could drop a mod a PM whether they think it out of bounds to have a thread warning on potential child exploitation (by any group/entity) which is I think the direction the thread eventually went. They might say go ahead but watch for x, y, and z (likely libelous stuff). I wouldn't of course litigate why the last one was closed (nor do I think it's your intent).

Now I understand the intent of this thread, with you wanting to ensure W/C discussions, which stray from gun topics, are suitable content for the site. In this instance, I think your best path forward is a one on one discussion, vs something where everyone will interject their opinion even if it isn't their call.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I ain't gonna presume to try and tell this gang how to run their railroad, but unless it's nuthin' but a straight up troll thread I make it a point to do that on the site I mod for. I don't like to leave folks hangin' and wind up havin' 'em ask questions like this here.

Giving the mods credit that is due: They do a pretty good job of leaving a blurb when a thread gets locked.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Or, you could just use common sense and couth...
    I'd think any lack of common sense and couth would have been addressed well before the 1000 post mark... Since no one felt the need to shut it down earlier it just seems odd that it would be shut down now when there was no bickering and the posts have been pretty tame as of late. It seems unlikely that it was due to a legal threat because the thread was only locked not deleted. I have heard back from a few mods who didn't lock it and didn't know why it was locked. Waiting to hear back from one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom