• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    These cases (new to me) have an aluminum base and an alloy upper. Video also says it lasts 2.5 times longer, its stronger, slicker, and is magnetic so clean up is easier and faster.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    One video I watched the guy said it cost less than brass. I wonder if they were considering reloading it about twice as much?

I read maybe a year ago that there were a lot of new alloys underdevelopment that were using steel as one component, maybe this is one of those alloy solutions?

I don't reload, thought it would be interesting to discuss, if you guys were not already discussing/using it.

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    One of the Hooligans has that for 9mm, I think. It requires special dies to reload, but he said that picking up the spent brass was very easy with a magnet.

True.

Hardest part of casing recovery is conditioning your eye to quickly spot 'silver' cases rather than brass.

j8064 even had to adjust his nasal locating skills to find the ShellShock cases.

4570inMD

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I wonder what happens if a nickel plated case gets mixed in with this alloy stuff, one doesn't notice lack of base, and it goes through a sizing die? They look different enough to me for this to seem unlikely, but lots of stuff happens when processing spent cases in volume.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I wonder what happens if a nickel plated case gets mixed in with this alloy stuff, one doesn't notice lack of base, and it goes through a sizing die? They look different enough to me for this to seem unlikely, but lots of stuff happens when processing spent cases in volume.

Answer: "These dies can also be used with brass cases."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom