• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 01m6ta

Jul 12, 2012
    Great articles to read...I fit the bill as the newby that thinks I'm not good enough and don't have the equipment yet. I'm also a pretty quiet and reserved so walking into a match would a bunch of strangers is difficult enough as it is. But this article says that guys in shooting sports are some very nice and welcoming folks, not the first time i've read that either. Looking forward to getting started.

Dowtom

Nov 29, 2014
    Halethorpe
    I found the best way to break the ice is bite the bullet and go. I went to my first steel challenge in June and spent every weekend practicing. This month I finished 5th. And I'm addicted to bettering my outfit and putting rounds down the pipe. Action shooting is the most fun you can have for 20 dollars that doesn't involve a penicillin shot later

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Great articles to read...I fit the bill as the newby that thinks I'm not good enough and don't have the equipment yet. I'm also a pretty quiet and reserved so walking into a match would a bunch of strangers is difficult enough as it is. But this article says that guys in shooting sports are some very nice and welcoming folks, not the first time i've read that either. Looking forward to getting started.

I was in the same exact boat a year or so ago and can verify that all you have heard is absolutely true.

It's not just a sport that "tolerates" newbies, people actually seem excited to have new folks joining the sport.

Jump in! The water is great, and it's a ton of fun!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Ever since I started, I've gone in early to help set up. It helps to get to know the regulars, and you're not "that guy" who just shows up and shoots. You become part of the community. Is one to two hours of my time worth $25? Not monetarily, but getting to know the people and getting an early feel for the stages is priceless. Plus you can ask a lot of questions while you're helping to set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom