• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    how can i get my sig MPX to the OAL requirement for MD?

it has the 8" barrel and i cant pin any muzzle device because i have a suppressor coming for it. also i really wanted to use the sig PDW collapsable stock

is there anyway to make this happen? with the sig brace on it, not including the flash hider it looks to be a little over 3.5 inches short

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    how can i get my sig MPX to the OAL requirement for MD?

it has the 8" barrel and i cant pin any muzzle device because i have a suppressor coming for it. also i really wanted to use the sig PDW collapsable stock

is there anyway to make this happen? with the sig brace on it, not including the flash hider it looks to be a little over 3.5 inches short
    Short answer with the SIG pdw stock is, no.

Long answer is, sure you could add a different stock etc and get there, but you will lose the aesthetics of the SIG original design. I actually got my hands on a factory SIG MPX SBR, and that thing is super short with the stock collapsed and extended...

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    damn, i was hoping that wouldnt be the case

someone mentioned to me to have the supressor mounted permenent to the barrell, but thats not something id want to do

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    damn, i was hoping that wouldnt be the case

someone mentioned to me to have the supressor mounted permenent go the barrell, but thats not something id want to do

That what I'm doing.....permanently mounting a supressor and using the collapsable stock.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    That what I'm doing.....permanently mounting a supressor and using the collapsable stock.

do you know the length of the pdw stock fully extended?

also, what do you do to clean the suppressor if you cant unscrew it from the barrel? what if you need to send it back to the company, for whatever reason?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That was the one factor that stopped me from buying the MPX. I couldn't find a way to make a SBR out of it. I wish you luck!

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    That was the one factor that stopped me from buying the MPX. I couldn't find a way to make a SBR out of it. I wish you luck!

worse case is i keep the sig brace setup on it. not a huge deal to me, but would really want to find a way to SBR it with the PDW stock. it just looks awesome

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    worse case is i keep the sig brace setup on it. not a huge deal to me, but would really want to find a way to SBR it with the PDW stock. it just looks awesome

If you find one, please let me know. Junky other option is to buy a longer barrel, cut it and thread it. That's $$$$

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    im not gonna buy another MPX, they arent cheap guns. maybe if i can find the barrel ill go that route

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    do you know the length of the pdw stock fully extended?

also, what do you do to clean the suppressor if you cant unscrew it from the barrel? what if you need to send it back to the company, for whatever reason?

We have 7 of the Factory SBRs with PDW stock was 24 something inches.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    wow, maybe its time to kiss this dream goodbye. i dont see how i could add 5 inches without either a new barrel or somehow attaching a suppressor permanent

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    One way to get the 8" MPX pistol to 29" without pinning and welding a muzzle device is to get the version which comes with the side folding arm brace. Unscrew the pistol buffer from the side folding mount, screw in a 6 position buffer tube, and use a longer stock like the Magpul SL. This gets the OAL to around 29.2".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom