• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    One left to complete my C collection. Two years in the making.

Attachments

• D7ED6321-D96A-4E6A-962B-47BE2F698EA0.jpg
      D7ED6321-D96A-4E6A-962B-47BE2F698EA0.jpg
      80.3 KB · Views: 839

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Wow, collecting Glocks. Like collecting toothpicks. LOL

****Some toothpicks cost $500. EACH. Some rich people use them after I guess a very rich meal. Prolly jumbo shrimps and steak and stuff. I just brush my tooth after a meal but that's just me....

People collect different things. Some collect beer cans, others collect baseball cards, stamps, shot glasses, comic books, venereal diseases, etc.

You'd think a toothpick is just a toothpick but.... I'll just leave this here... :innocent0

https://www.luxurysafes.me/blog/bespoke/expensive-toothpick/

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Call me when you get some Glock 18s. :D

Pretty cool for a Glock. I still find them pretty plane jane style, but hey, they work.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    That one might take you a while. I see 17 Gen 2 longs come up once in a while but I cannot recall ever seeing a ported model in auction.

Luckily I’m close with the major collectors around the country and they are all keeping an eye out for me. I know of a few in people’s collections but they are not ready to sell at this point.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Gen2 17L ported

****Wow. That's really really rare. I've never seen one in the US. Years ago I was in Austria at a museum in Salzburg and there was a pretty cool display of Austrian craftsmanship which included lots of fashion stuff, Klimt artistry, snow globes, and (amazingly) Glock firearms! They had some cool original pre-import 17L's, and the select fire Glock 18 along with some really rare commemorative editions of the regular Glock 17 signed by Gaston Glock himself. I remember the Glock 18 had some kind of detachable stock configuration that was really cool.

Really wish I could have actually purchased some of those guns but I was a foreigner (tourist) so no dice. I was surprised at how well armed many citizens were. Austria is sort of shall issue and requires a license to purchase handguns (Class B license I think they called it..) and allows purchase of up to two handguns for home defense, etc.. Carry permits are allowed with a license as well, depending upon reason, but if you have the permit it is seemingly unrestricted.

Anyway, I own quite a few Glocks myself, and they are what I use for my home defense firearms for the most part, at least to get to the AR safe... I don't have any of the rare ones but have seen a few of the older original Gen 1's that were really cutting edge back in 1985 or so - really cool.

Cool collection!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Wow, collecting Glocks. Like collecting toothpicks. LOL
    Still a snob that disses anything that isn't up to your "lofty" standards, eh? Go mark up your "rare and collectable" Colts on GB. You may find a sucker on there that might fall for your delusions of grandeur on all things firearms.

I've also noticed that you keep posting the same guns in the classifieds over and over again, because they aren't selling. Your guns are the new MDS bongos in the classifieds!
    Good to see you actually posting worthless drivel instead of just posting hideously overpriced Colts in the classifieds.
    Well he did shit in the thread about the Colt Cobra...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom