• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    Oh, if I didn't buy the gun, I'd probably buy reloading supplies or ammo. Which like what? three bricks of 22lr, lol! I'm being a little sarcastic it's not quite that expensive.......yet!

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    There may be no tomorrow in the gun world. Take the hit now and you might have it, 4 years down the road the only option one might have is the black market. Follow your gut and wallet.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Their may be no tomorrow , if you have the means do it .

Agreed. Guns and ammo ARE available, just at current market prices. With the politics involved will they return to 2020 prices? What will be banned next or made do difficult to obtain as to be a prima facie ban? Is ammo facing taxes so high as to put it in the same situation?

I bought guns & ammo then and I continue now. It'll average out over time. Better to have it at a higher price than not to have it at all and be sorry.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Hyper inflation in things you need. Deflation in bs. Buy what you can before the money is worthless is what I have been doing since this !@%T fest started.

Demunds

Feb 16, 2019
    There may be no tomorrow in the gun world. Take the hit now and you might have it, 4 years down the road the only option one might have is the black market. Follow your gut and wallet.
    Agreed. Due to COVID and the new administration, I finally just received my HQL and made a purchase I’m really happy with. Probably a little higher price than pre-COVID, but who know where new ban attempts and licensing procedures are going.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    If there is a ‘hole’ to fill in the collection one may consider buying it now since some prices are still fairly reasonable. As far as ammo goes, if the personal supply is not too good, buy now and shoot what you can afford at today’s market price from legit sources with stock on hand. That will maintain your ammo coffer supply at home and adjust your shooting to present affordability.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Since I'm more in a reducing my collection mode due to a planned relocation next year I'm not really looking to buy...but if I spotted something I've looking for for some time or something that fills a hole in the collection then I'd go for it. Some items are just too hard to find under any market conditions to allow to pass if the price isn't out of the ordinary...and that has happened a few times already. Roiled markets like we've experienced make for opportunities to buy and sell depending on the product.

Vodnik4

Between two waters
    Jan 8, 2021
    Slower, lower MD
    Yep. I was tracking a specific firearm on GB, trying to gauge its market price. Pre-stimulus, it was a solid $500. Immediately after folks started receiving the BidenBucks, every version of the said firearm started selling at $650 plus. Folks sure got stimulated :)
    For me, personally, I just can’t justify to myself spending $150 more. My logical side says “do it, it will only get worse”, and I’m sure I’ll regret not getting it later, as stated by many users above. If you can, buy it.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    That's only $150 difference. I have wasted more than that on a crappy meal at a fancy restaurant before. I say pay the extra money. Whatever you decide to do, start looking for some .22 ammo now. It's pretty hard to find.

Mind to tell us about this fancy restaurant serving crappy meal? It is always after you have eaten the meal that you realized it is crappy. Usually, it is too late by then. :D

TWM

Jul 4, 2013
    Howard Co
    Since I'm more in a reducing my collection mode due to a planned relocation next year I'm not really looking to buy...but if I spotted something I've looking for for some time or something that fills a hole in the collection then I'd go for it. Some items are just too hard to find under any market conditions to allow to pass if the price isn't out of the ordinary...and that has happened a few times already. Roiled markets like we've experienced make for opportunities to buy and sell depending on the product.

Twice in the past few months I overpaid for a rifle...one that I’ve always wanted and one that filled a hole in the collection. Who knows when the opportunity was going to come back around. I don’t regret either one!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    This is the pessimist in me, and on the negative side but.. I have to ask myself, will the price ever drop to pre-current administration, and social hysteria prices, and or will a new law ban it all together. Personally, if I see what I have on my list and its not way out of line with what I consider a reasonable, I buy.

Pretty sure semi-automatic rimfire pistols are going to be pretty safe for a damned long time. Sure can’t say for forever. I wish I could.

But it’s like saying “better rush out and buy a Henry. Biden heard you could load it on Monday and shoot it all week and he’s coming for them!”

I can see some concern about stuff that might be on an AWB if you feel you need to own it. Other stuff, only if you need to have it. I am holding off on most purchases because of how over priced most things are. I got a Howa 1500 a few months ago. But it was at pre-pandemic prices.

I’d like a Glock 20. Don’t feel like paying $600+ for one. I’ll wait till I can get one $400-500 used.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    We've bought a pistol a month since January. April's coming up and I have a new CZ Shadow 2 in my sights. With what's in the White House now, I see NO improvement happening for years. Our borders will remain wide open with MS-13 and Mexican Cartel members pouring through daily. Lawful firearm owners are the "one's to watch" according to obiden/harris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom