A Parting "FU" from The Obama Administration "Total Ban on Lead Ammunition".

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mtwoodson

May 7, 2011
    Western Eastern Shore
    Obama Official Issues Lead Ammunition Ban for Federal Lands on Last Day in Office

BY: Stephen Gutowski , Washington Free Beacon
    January 20, 2017 3:47 pm
    U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Director Dan Ashe, an Obama appointee, ordered a new ammunition ban for certain federal lands on Thursday–his last full day in office.
    The ban, which took effect immediately, eliminates the use of lead-based*ammunition on federal lands like national parks and wildlife refuges, as well as any other land administered by the Fish and Wildlife Service. The ban is expected to have a major impact on much of the hunting that takes place on federal lands across the United States as lead-based ammunition is widely legal and used throughout the country.
    Ashe said the order was necessary to protect wildlife from exposure to lead.

“Exposure to lead ammunition and fishing tackle has resulted in harmful effects to fish and wildlife species,” Ashe said in his order. “According to the U.S. Geological Survey, lead poisoning is a toxicosis caused by the absorption of hazardous levels of lead in body tissues.”
    “Ingested lead pellets from shotgun shells have been a common source of lead poisoning in birds,” the order continued. “The Service recognized the problem of avian exposure to lead shot used for waterfowl hunting and enacted restrictions in 1991 and hunting and waterfowl populations have thrived since.”
    “The use of lead ammunition continues for other forms of hunting, presenting an ongoing risk to upland or terrestrial migratory birds and other species that ingest spent shot directly from the ground or as a result of predating or scavenging carcasses that have been killed with lead ammunition and left in the field” Ashe’s order said. “Many states have enacted nontoxic shot and ammunition requirements to address this concern.”
    Gun rights activists expressed outrage at the last-minute move, labeling it political. The National Shooting Sports Foundation called for the agency’s next director to immediately rescind the order.
    “This directive is irresponsible and driven not out of sound science but unchecked politics,” said Lawrence Keane, the group’s senior vice president. “The timing alone is suspect. This directive was published without dialogue with industry, sportsmen, and conservationists. The next director should immediately rescind this and, instead, create policy based upon scientific evidence of population impacts with regard to the use of traditional ammunition.”
    Some of this may be factual. Every deer, elk and hog I've shot died of lead poisoning.

GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Since he shot clays all the time at Camp David did he use steel shot???

obama-skeet-shooting-gun-flowers-panties.jpg

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What an a$$wipe that man is.... glad he is gone and I hope that all of his cronies get weeded out of decision making positions by the new administration ASAP.

Was listening to FNC the other day. And they were reading a long list of Obamalamadingdong folks who were sticking around.

I believe the number was 50 or so people in some VERY key positions. FNC seemed surprised there were this many of BHO's ilk staying.

No talk, by their new administration guest, of them being replaced with new administration folks either.

I can understand some staying to ensure a smooth transition. But to keep them on permanently seems like an odd choice.

Guess it'll all shake out in time.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That's exactly what it is, an FU. It's pointless. He has to know Trump can and will reverse it quickly.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Almost surprised he didn't issue an EO banning lead ammunition entirely. Good riddance to the racist.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    This was one of my key concerns had HRC won.

She would have unleashed the EPA.

I still worry about the MGA pulling some lead stunt and saying it's for the children.

They may have thought it but don't remind them. The A-Holes running this state will have us all shooting plastic BB's at best if they get the opportunity.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    They may have thought it but don't remind them. The A-Holes running this state will have us all shooting plastic BB's at best if they get the opportunity.

I have a whole bunch of those!! They are pointy and sit on top of these lead things covered in copper. The boxes say Hornady on the side, and they come in all different sizes.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    What a coward. And Democrats claim they aren't anti-hunter. This kind of move reveals one's true political leanings, which are avoided before an election to avoid paying a political price. Imagine the list that Obama had in case Clinton had won? Clinton could then simply say that these were Obama edicts and they would wait to study their impact before considering rescinding them.

Dupe.

But it needs to be addressed immediately.

Where's the other thread?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD
    Was listening to FNC the other day. And they were reading a long list of Obamalamadingdong folks who were sticking around.

I believe the number was 50 or so people in some VERY key positions. FNC seemed surprised there were this many of BHO's ilk staying.

No talk, by their new administration guest, of them being replaced with new administration folks either.

I can understand some staying to ensure a smooth transition. But to keep them on permanently seems like an odd choice.

Guess it'll all shake out in time.

Apparently there are some that he cannot fire, I assume some sort of contract issue. But, apparently they have a method to reduce their pay to $1.
    That should flush them out when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom