• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County
    Beaver Run Fish and Game, 2909 Hughes Road, Finksburg 21048.
    20 yard shoot, 10 rounds of shooting plus the grand $30. Friday night, starts at 7:00 pm. We also have a winner take all and scatter card.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    You shoot a card with the x on it. Using house provided buckshot the closest pellet to the x intersection wins the prize. They are a good time but I have not done this in years.
    Do they allowed sleeved guns there?

Dave M

Jan 27, 2013
    Pa.
    In the late 60s I loved when my father took me when I was about 12 years old. We had a single shot Western auto I believe. IMO one of the best guns there. I won a lot with it. They had turkey, ham or slabs of bacon to win. My dad drank and I shot. One time if I remember correct I took home all three. Good times.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    You shoot a card with the x on it. Using house provided buckshot the closest pellet to the x intersection wins the prize. They are a good time but I have not done this in years.
    Do they allowed sleeved guns there?

Sleeved guns are ok. Only restriction is 680 or bigger choke and not longer that 36 including the choke

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    I'm not sure what a sleeve is. Guns are gauged at .680 and the max barrel length is 36 inches.

Sleeved guns are when the choke builder cuts out the factory fixed choke and replaces it. Usually held in with some sort of sleeve loctite

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Normal friday shoots are usually unrestricted choke size and size day shoots are the 680. I believe this is a special shoot

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom