• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Depends where you are in life. I'm retired. I could care less about seniority or a new job.

It may be time consuming to relocate but not very hard. Like many things in life the hardest part is pulling the trigger.

When I was in the military I made 5 PCS moves in 4 years, one reason I did not stay in, and two of the moves were international. You do what you have to.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Depends where you are in life. I'm retired. I could care less about seniority or a new job.

It may be time consuming to relocate but not very hard. Like many things in life the hardest part is pulling the trigger.

I agree that making the decision was the hardest. OweMalley and the AWB in 2013 made our decision after 31 years in the PRM. Retired 3 mos earlier than planned, sold 2 houses but it was worth it.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So any Ione kn ow about cannabis and if there are any legal legs to stand on?

You cannot legally possess firearms if you use cannabis. Doesn't matter if the cannabis is for medicinal purposes or not.

More info here: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/counselor-s-corner/139-medical-marijuana-and-guns

Add on with the MJ card issued by MD is prohibiting for the HQL.

As noted, current and ongoing use including MJ card is a federal prohibitor and will result in 77r /4473 disapproval.

HOWEVER there is now a process in MD for near automatic expungement of qualified prior drug convictions, since 2016 IIRC. So strictly speaking, some past convictions are no longer prohibitory for handguns or long guns, once they are expunged.

Someone last year I think posted their success with the new process and got HQL etc.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    As noted, current and ongoing use including MJ card is a federal prohibitor and will result in 77r /4473 disapproval.

HOWEVER there is now a process in MD for near automatic expungement of qualified prior drug convictions, since 2016 IIRC. So strictly speaking, some past convictions are no longer prohibitory for handguns or long guns, once they are expunged.

Someone last year I think posted their success with the new process and got HQL etc.

I need to find the pic of the HQL app questions. You'll see how they are doing it as of 4 months ago.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Here it is.

20180426_032911.jpg

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If you have a MJ card and your certification has expired , can you get approved for a HQL in MD once it is expired?

If it’s expired or cancelled, I have been told by someone affected that the MSP told them not to reapply for a year.

This is not legal advice.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I need to find the pic of the HQL app questions. You'll see how they are doing it as of 4 months ago.

I know what the 77e says i may have filled a few out. Damn boating accidents!

If your pot conviction is expunged its not a federal or state prohibitor. It doesnt exist.

There is a distinction between current use and past use.

Current legal or illegal use is a prohibitor, past illegal use may not be, if the conviction is expunged.

I realize this makes no sense, but its the state we are in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom