Anybody tried one of these ifc .410 uppers yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I just found out about these and they really peaked my intrest. Centerfire systems has the whole setup for $350. Is that a decent price? I got a couple of lowers just sitting around doin nothing. Anybody tried 1 yet? If so how's it run? What kinda of buffer system do you have to use?
    1b3a1237d108b8168d5aec9e1cadd785.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Wait! Wut? I could run a shotgun on a registered lower? :cool: Do they make a short bbl version? (bolt appears to be blowback so cutting down likely possible w/ some buffer tuning?) Quick googling shows 9rd mags are avail?

Edit: more googling shows it is gas operated but the ports are fairly close to the chamber like many semi-auto shotguns. So could still be shortened and tuned via the ports. Hmmmm....

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Wait! Wut? I could run a shotgun on a registered lower? :cool: Do they make a short bbl version? (bolt appears to be blowback so cutting down likely possible w/ some buffer tuning?) Quick googling shows 9rd mags are avail?

Edit: more googling shows it is gas operated but the ports are fairly close to the chamber like many semi-auto shotguns. So could still be shortened and tuned via the ports. Hmmmm....

Centerfire has 10 and 15 round mags available. Ati has a speed loader for their system.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Wait! Wha?! Huh? Okaaayyyy... Thanks for posting this.

I also have a lower just collecting dust and no shotguns... hmmm....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Went to find more info on it, 2.5in shells and won't fit on DPMS lowers per Centerfire.

Some reviewers had to mod the hammer on their lower some, not a big deal though.

Neat idea, I'm pondering if the 2.5in restriction is much of a downside to me.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I shot one last summer, it was made by American Tactical. I liked it and thought it was pretty cool, even though i’m not a fan of the AR shotguns.

It seemed to be well built and ran fine, its nothing more than a range toy, but i guess that could be said about most of our guns :rolleyes:

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    These are on sale: $300+ship. I broke down and ordered one. Will debut at the MDTCA pumpkin shoot at AGC on Oct 3:)

Edit: Centerfire won't ship upper to MD and cancelled my order:( Will have to send to VA.

Last edited:

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Two of these were at AGC today. One was perfect, mine was more finicky w/ ammo. Mine ran w/ the more rounded nose American Tactical slugs pretty well but didn't like the more square crimped Estate shells. They had trouble hanging on the feed ramp from a full mag. The other guy's upper ran fine w/ my Estates however. The difference may be the mag. He had deburred his and it may be presenting the nose of the shell a lot higher than mine. I will clean mine up and try again. I'll also look at my feed ramp.

Bottom line is they are a whole load of fun and make a mess of pumpkins in a hurry :) Will be buying 15rd mags when they come back in stock. Several people who shot them at the range today said they will be ordering uppers when they get home.

FWIW, The mags are ammo length finicky. You have to find 'short' shells. SAAMI spec for a loaded 2.5" 410 is longer than will fit through an AR mag well. The docs suggest at least 1200fps loads too.
    Estate Sport Sport Competition #9 tgt loads are 2.23" and fit easily.
    American Tactical slugs are pretty darn close to the max mag length possible at 2.25-2.26"
    Win Super X slugs are reported online to fit but measure 2.32" and don't :(
    Remington American Clay & Field 1275fps 1/2oz #8 fit and feed fine through the other fellows upper (didn't try in mine)

Sirex