• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    That appears to be a Vortex UH1, aka the Huey. I have one. Don't forget to turn it off, it doesn't have auto shutoff. Apparently, I forgot to turn mine off after a match. When I went to check it prior to another match, the battery was dead.

It does have auto-off at 14 hours. You can disable it by holding down the down arrow I believe. It's possible yours was just disabled by the factory.

It's a great little holosight. I have astigmatism, so it was a major deciding factor in getting one. My Aimpoint Pro and Trijicon MRO look like a shooting star compared to this. Funny enough though, my cheapy Vortex Crossfire 2 red dot on a spare parts build is sharp as a tack.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It does have auto-off at 14 hours. You can disable it by holding down the down arrow I believe. It's possible yours was just disabled by the factory.

It's a great little holosight. I have astigmatism, so it was a major deciding factor in getting one. My Aimpoint Pro and Trijicon MRO look like a shooting star compared to this. Funny enough though, my cheapy Vortex Crossfire 2 red dot on a spare parts build is sharp as a tack.

I have the Huey and the smaller Eotech. The Huey is clunky, dark, and is heavier than the Eotech. It works, but the Eotech is a better sight.

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    I don't own any long guns at the moment but I feel a lever action may be a good option. Reasonable rate of fire, 30-30 has plenty of stopping power, can be reloaded while maintaining fire and is more likely to fly under the radar.

.357 lever action is good as well. :)

50042936732_c663a5c8c4_c.jpg

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Without going back thru 18 pages........has there been discussion of nods and related gear and how ****ed you are without being able to see at night?

We hunt coyotes up here late winter at night.....set up bait piles and thin the herd when we can do so legally at night.....its a good opportunity to use gear you hope you never have other uses for.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Without going back thru 18 pages........has there been discussion of nods and related gear and how ****ed you are without being able to see at night?

We hunt coyotes up here late winter at night.....set up bait piles and thin the herd when we can do so legally at night.....its a good opportunity to use gear you hope you never have other uses for.

I have a PVS-14 that can mount to a helmet, or a picatinny mount. It can be moved in about a minute. Works great with my Aimpoint PRO.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I have.

I ordered some MREs and they shipped the same or next day.

Ok cool. I want to order a geissele super 42 braided spring and buffer and they are the only folks that appear to have it in stock. Only heard bad things about them, that’s why I asked if they changed their ways lol.

Thanks for the reply

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Haha - I went to order and everything looked ok, then I got an email saying it would be an estimated 29-40 days before my order ships.

Ummm yeah, I’m gonna need to cancel that y’all. Haha I should have known better.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Haha - I went to order and everything looked ok, then I got an email saying it would be an estimated 29-40 days before my order ships.

Ummm yeah, I’m gonna need to cancel that y’all. Haha I should have known better.

Sprinco is what Lord Chad is recommending. They ship fast

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    For night time use. My feral pig gun works as a night fighting setup as well.
    Has that scope mount worked well for you? I tried 3 or 4 of them and they would always get wobbly after a 100 rds or so. Even with locktite on the screw. I finally punted and put a rail on mine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I can't get past my love of iron sights. Sure, optics are nice, but man do I love some iron sights. Maybe I'm just old school.

Attachments

• cb9uj7chios11.jpg
      cb9uj7chios11.jpg
      94.6 KB · Views: 307

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads