• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • United Gun Shop

Industry Partner
    Aug 16, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    On special today. IWI Tavor 5.56 NATO - MD version - $1850. Call to lock one up.

Attachments

• tavor-MD.jpg
      tavor-MD.jpg
      61.3 KB · Views: 1,421

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Doesn't look too bad with the longer muzzle device on it.

I agree, its not to bad. It would be kind of cool if it was set up similar to the Tac Sol AR upper so the muzzle device could serve a purpose and house a can and still maintain the minimum barrel length

Attachments

• ar22-sbx.jpg
      ar22-sbx.jpg
      7.4 KB · Views: 1,026

MaraD

The Tall Girl
    Aug 15, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    They are actually quite fun to shoot. All the weight seems to be situated in the rear. Very little felt recoil or muzzle rise. Controls are convenient once you get used to their locations. Only negative is the ~11lb trigger pull with the factory trigger. This can be reduced to ~8lb by removing a secondary spring on the trigger, or by replacing the sear pack with a Timney (4 lb) or Geissele (5 lb).

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    They are actually quite fun to shoot. All the weight seems to be situated in the rear. Very little felt recoil or muzzle rise. Controls are convenient once you get used to their locations. Only negative is the ~11lb trigger pull with the factory trigger. This can be reduced to ~8lb by removing a secondary spring on the trigger, or by replacing the sear pack with a Timney (4 lb) or Geissele (5 lb).

I agree. The simple spring delete can help as I did with mine but the Timney made a world of a difference. It no longer has a trigger problem like most bullpups. Balance well and short enough to work indoors should the situation arise. Mine is below with some of my shorter toys,

photo (3).jpg

MaraD

The Tall Girl
    Aug 15, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    If you wish to clean the chamber area behind the locking lugs and gas cylinder head, make sure you also buy the Tavor barrel wrench (~$14.95). I've fired ~1500 rounds through my Tavor and I've noticed carbon build up on the gas cylinder head that general cleaning has not been removing. It appears the barrel assembly needs to be removed from the stock to clean this area properly as there is no easy way to scrape the carbon off with the barrel in the stock.

Feb 28, 2013

I've held one and mounted it. But I've never fired one. I just don't like the length of pull on these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom