• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Thanks MSI, keep us posted on the possibility of an appeal. Any way to know the judges we may be up against if an appeal is allowed?

Some one post some good news please.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Thanks MSI, keep us posted on the possibility of an appeal. Any way to know the judges we may be up against if an appeal is allowed?

Some one post some good news please.

There is an appeal of right to the 4th Circuit if we want to take an appeal. An appeal can be on one issue or up to all issues. We have 30 days to file a notice of appeal. No way to know which judges will sit on the panel.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    It's time to hasten my exit from this place.

Thank you MSI for all of your ongoing efforts.

You and me both! Maryland is going to lose a lot of good people due to all of this BS. My guess is though they don't really care anyway! Law abiding, respectable patriotic citizens who pay taxes are not their base!

:mad54:

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Thank you MSI...

as for the court,, ha. 6 weeks sooner and I could have sold the 12 triggers I have...to other Marylanders... Thankfully I can sell them in state to out of state residents?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I agree with the sentiment that it's a kick in the nut sack. I would add that it feels like a hydraulically-assisted kick. Appeal has to be the path forward.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    There is an appeal of right to the 4th Circuit if we want to take an appeal. An appeal can be on one issue or up to all issues. We have 30 days to file a notice of appeal. No way to know which judges will sit on the panel.
    Assuming there are limited resources to fight court cases, are there strategic advantages to push this forward with an appeal, let other groups fight this one that are challenging similar anti bump stock/rapid fire trigger legislation from other states, put the funds into other ongoing fights, or marshal funds to prepare for potential mag bans and semi-automatic rifle bans? Obviously, we all are disappointed by today's outcome because it portends to an expansion to legislate away features that make use of a semi-automatic rifle attractive (though this precedence has been established repeatedly) and there is no consequence for the loss of personal property by making illegal what was once legal.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Can I mail my hypothetical bump stock to Larry Hogan with a note thanking him for taking my personal property without compensation? I dutifully requested permission from the ATF as the new law instructed for the hypothetical device. Would I be breaking the law by sending to someone who didn't? Obviously it might put me on some "list" or give them pretext to 1302 me.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Can I mail my hypothetical bump stock to Larry Hogan with a note thanking him for taking my personal property without compensation? I dutifully requested permission from the ATF as the new law instructed for the hypothetical device. Would I be breaking the law by sending to someone who didn't? Obviously it might put me on some "list" or give them pretext to 1302 me.

Send a rubber band...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Absolutely. Be careful what you ask for. The door is wide open now.
    Yeah, I know, but this is already on the slippery slope toward that door ...

Assuming there are limited resources to fight court cases, are there strategic advantages to push this forward with an appeal, let other groups fight this one that are challenging similar anti bump stock/rapid fire trigger legislation from other states, put the funds into other ongoing fights, or marshal funds to prepare for potential mag bans and semi-automatic rifle bans? Obviously, we all are disappointed by today's outcome because it portends to an expansion to legislate away features that make use of a semi-automatic rifle attractive (though this precedence has been established repeatedly) and there is no consequence for the loss of personal property by making illegal what was once legal.

Good point Fidelity, I'm sure there are quite a few ways to go about this one. 30 days to figure out the best route.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    There is another thread here titled "What's your breaking point for revolution?"... I must say, it is feeling closer than ever... and it's not about bump stocks... it's about tyranny.

Lol revolution. You can't even get a majority of folks on a gun forum to stop making excuses for the trampling of our rights, there's no way you could get enough people organized for a revolt.
    There will be no resistance until the government cuts off food and money. So long as folks are fat and happy and can buy the latest iPhone they'll bend over and take it with a smile. As shown by the politics of this fine state.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Lol revolution. You can't even get a majority of folks on a gun forum to stop making excuses for the trampling of our rights, there's no way you could get enough people organized for a revolt.
    There will be no resistance until the government cuts off food and money. So long as folks are fat and happy and can buy the latest iPhone they'll bend over and take it with a smile. As shown by the politics of this fine state.

Well you may be correct to a point, but as someone with a separatist banner as an avatar, I would think you know that movements are built not born. They are built one person at a time and every injustice, every liberty trampled, cements another brick to the cause of resistance. Stay strong my friends and keep your powder dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom