Any Experiences with Classes at Masada Tactical?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigTrain

Jan 3, 2018
    Baltimore
    That pretty much says it all. My limited interaction with them, they seem like knowledgeable, good folk. Has anyone taken any of their classes? Pros/cons?

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    nice people. definitely not mainstream "tactical" training as you would see from the well known instructors. from what I have seen they are focused around israeli methodology.

johnkorz

Feb 25, 2013
    Savage
    No, I have never heard of them. In addition to my NRA training classes I use Retired Seal Chris Saijon (spelling??) who has an online program with some really good dry fire exercises. Granted a pay a monthly fee but I have found it is worth it for me. John

BigTrain

Jan 3, 2018
    Baltimore
    Thanks guys. They seem like good folk, and it's convenient. I'm actually going there for a martial arts seminar to feel the joint out. I'll report back.

BigTrain

Jan 3, 2018
    Baltimore
    I talked to them a bit about their martial arts classes. I am not a huge fan of Krav Maga, apparently they teach an "evolved" version of it.

My understanding, Krav Maga was developed as a way to quickly teach soldiers hand to hand combat and, as a result, there wasn't a lot of depth or breadth. Sounds like it has grown quite a bit, though, and I have no first hand experience.

After years of practicing Hapkido, I've been thinking of going the other way and studying Kung Fu. Something a little more esoteric and way outside my wheelhouse.

BigTrain

Jan 3, 2018
    Baltimore
    Honestly though, I've been getting into Iaido, which is about as far from Krav Maga as you can get, and I love it. Though it in itself would never come up, it's really informed my martial arts understanding.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    My understanding, Krav Maga was developed as a way to quickly teach soldiers hand to hand combat

Wait -- Israeli hand-to-hand combat. Is that like Jew jitsu?

But seriously. Do provide an AAR. Been looking at them myself as a way to up the game a bit from punching holes in paper.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I was looking for that video. No caption necessary.

It's like he consulted a manual of all "trigger words" for bad instruction:

Gross Motor
    Tactile
    We're not going to use sights

Then adds in new gems like:

A spiral is faster
    We can shoot just as accurately one-handed

Then he tops it all off by doing it live and having the magazine fall out of his Glock!

If it was all a joke it would be funny.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    It's like he consulted a manual of all "trigger words" for bad instruction:

Gross Motor
    Tactile
    We're not going to use sights

Then adds in new gems like:

A spiral is faster
    We can shoot just as accurately one-handed

Then he tops it all off by doing it live and having the magazine fall out of his Glock!

If it was all a joke it would be funny.

That whole video is hilarious, but the mag drop was intentional. Since it was empty, the mag was preventing the shooter from slingshoting the slide back into battery. He dropped the mag to drop the slide. If the mag wasn't seated, it would have hit the cameraman when he mega-chickenwinged after inserting the mag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom