• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Why have they been so easily available if they were truly a menace to a civil society?

SHALL

NOT

BE

INFRINGED!

One of our problems is that even the late, great originalist Justice Scalia said that the 2A didn't mean there could be no restrictions.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I'm almost 60 and anybody who thinks compromise, "giving an inch", will benefit our cause is naive beyond belief. Just look at the history and continuing (accelerating) loss of Second Amendment rights since 1968. Every compromise comes from our side and every compromise is a further nibbling away of our rights.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Let us be quite clear let a wacko determine national policy? Yeah!!!!!:sad20:

One thing I have learned give an inch the liberals will take it and look for the next inch you pussies will give. Until your back is against the wall. My back been at that wall one too many times Im not going there voluntarily.

I might not own crap they are whining about but I support America. Land of the FREE! That includes not giving an inch for rights.

~G

Who has had the biggest effect on architectural design in the past 20 years? That's right the wacko osama bin laden. Not saying it's bad to design buildings to better resist terrorists, just that since him, we see Jersey barriers everyplace, esp. in DC.

I'm guessing there were not many moms there?
    Why am I not seeing it mentioned that the 2A was created to prevent a tyrannical .gov (foreign or domestic) and seeing what the military has the .gov wants to limit the actual owners of this country (citizens) to owning slingshots in comparison. Please tell me if I am wrong, is this the wrong way to think?

This is exactly what I think the 2A is for; to prevent the government from prohibiting any arms for any reason. Every attempt to limit our right to keep and bear arms is unconstitutional. And forgive me but Justice Scalia was wrong, nothing is allowable when it infringes on citizens' right to keep and bear arms. Any arms, all arms.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Most of the American population, including about 3 MDS members, could stand to read (perhaps for the first time), study, and understand the Bill of Rights. The Bill of Rights enumerates INDIVIDUAL rights that are specifically protected by the Constitution.

What part of "shall not be infringed" needs explaining?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171007-074718.jpg
      Screenshot_20171007-074718.jpg
      45.8 KB · Views: 304
    • Screenshot_20171007-075958.jpg
      Screenshot_20171007-075958.jpg
      70.3 KB · Views: 304

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Not overlooked by the Left. I have heard lefties bring this up.

Of course, it blows the abolutists "infringe" argument out of the water and it is reflected in the Heller ruling . Where is the line between infringe and regulate? Scalia gave the legislators a gift.

Heller ruling. Scalia wrote that the right to bear arms had limits. “Nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.”

The late justice also more generally offered the belief that “like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited.” It is “not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Does anyone remember the old days of LP records? Remember when the stylus hit a piece of dirt in a groove, and got bumped back to the previous groove? From there it just went round and round repeating that one groove. The rest of the music was lost.

This started out as a thread on a specific topic. Then at about post 10 it hit a snag. We're now at about post 49, and the original thread disussion has disappeared, replaced by another topic/debate. It's that repeated bump in the groove.

I'm fully in support of open discussion on a very wide range of topics. But it woud be helpful, if you want to engage in an off-thread topic, take the initiative and start your own thread. Then those who want to follow a specific topic in a given thread will be able to do so--without getting stuck in that one groove. It would seem to me to just be a common courtesy thing.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Of course, it blows the abolutists "infringe" argument out of the water and it is reflected in the Heller ruling . Where is the line between infringe and regulate? Scalia gave the legislators a gift.

It had to be said. Sadly.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    They're all a bunch of f**king whiny b***hes. F 'em. They're the same ones who are on social media demanding we get rid of all guns. They just don't get it.

-John

PS: My normal calm, well thought-out statements are quickly going out the window as this s**t keeps on being spewed by the left. I'm done being nice. F 'em all, I hope the zombie apocalypse takes 'em all out.

You have just attained the second stage of enlightenment. :D

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    OK, thread rerail:
    Does anybody have any updates on the Demanding Moms' most exciting field trip to NRA HQ? Or did they just meet at Starbucks for a latte?

Now back to the raging discussion at hand.

IMO, I would trade a crap shoot with loaded dice (remember T45 saying "Now is not the time to discuss this" and Wayne saying "OK look at it. See, we play nice too"?) about an accessory device for National Reciprocity and suppressors becoming non-NFA devices any day.
    EDIT/ADD: I have to agree with Schipperke; ATF will NEVER admit it made a mistake, especially when their employer
    (T45 who signs off on their operating funds) frowns at the idea of new 2A restrictions.

I also think because of T45's statement (quoted above) that everyone is wetting themselves for nothing. It's not news anymore; tomorrow there will be a new crisis for the Left to wring hands over and the whole thing will be flushed down the news cycle memory hole, never to be seen again. Save the righteous indignation and passionate appeals for the next MGA session, when it will actually have a positive effect on US HERE.

Just my opinions; no endorsement expressed or implied. Flame away. :innocent0

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    OK, thread rerail:

Now back to the raging discussion at hand.

IMO, I would trade a crap shoot with loaded dice (remember T45 saying "Now is not the time to discuss this" and Wayne saying "OK look at it. See, we play nice too"?) about an accessory device for National Reciprocity and suppressors becoming non-NFA devices any day.

I also think because of T45's statement (quoted above) that everyone is wetting themselves for nothing. It's not news anymore; tomorrow there will be a new crisis for the Left to wring hands over and the whole thing will be flushed down the news cycle memory hole, never to be seen again. Save the righteous indignation and passionate appeals for the next MGA session, when it will actually have a positive effect on US HERE.

Just my opinions; no endorsement expressed or implied. Flame away. :innocent0

I have never wished harder for a transformer NFL player to be caught "praying" in the women's bathroom during the national anthem...

Seriously though, any report on how many moms showed up? (and, were they really silent?)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Apples and oranges. Rate of fire is at the heart of the NFA rules on machine guns.

You do sound like a "never give and inch guy." Believe me, I don't want to give an inch on anything because as a libertarian, I want the government to keep its filthy paws off of everything apart from national defense, interstate commerce, and a select few items. However, this to me is the least painful inch to give.

Which is it? Do you stand for liberty or do you stand for an inch less of liberty?

You're either for us or against us. There is no more room for compromise.

Attachments

• gun owner compromise.jpg
      gun owner compromise.jpg
      103.1 KB · Views: 244

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Back at original Rails - What happened 1000hrs Fri in Fairfax ?

It didn't make the news, so my guess if they probably had about 32 hairy arm pits and a bunch of corny songs being sung. Other than that, I have no doubt there was anything done that would be considered meaningful.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Back at original Rails - What happened 1000hrs Fri in Fairfax ?

It didn't make the news, so my guess if they probably had about 32 hairy arm pits and a bunch of corny songs being sung. Other than that, I have no doubt there was anything done that would be considered meaningful.

Covering the boat show in Annapolis was probably more fun, so no one got that assignment.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I'm almost 60 and anybody who thinks compromise, "giving an inch", will benefit our cause is naive beyond belief. Just look at the history and continuing (accelerating) loss of Second Amendment rights since 1968. Every compromise comes from our side and every compromise is a further nibbling away of our rights.

None of these were "compromises."

If someone want 100, and then ends up "settling" by taking 50, and giving nothing of value in return, it's not a compromise. It's just taking less.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    You missed my point. Whether the NRA recommended the ATF examine bump fire, it was going to anyway. The recommendation changed nothing other than the optics which do not look good for us. Not only does the NRA show a willingness to work on things, it also gets to pin this on Obama. Think about how it helps our ability to reason with others, when they say, "the NRA is against any gun regulations" we can say, "what about its recommendations on bump fire stocks?" They'll have no answer for that.

Or they will say "Even the NRA agrees there are limits to the second amendment".

Its the old "we know what kind of girl you are, now we're just haggling over the price" thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom