• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Maryland Antique Arms show is coming around again in a couple weeks. It's similar to the big show there in March but it's not quite as large. If you like older C&R and Antique stuff like me it'll be fun to go to.

http://marylandmilitariashow.com

Admission is $10

9/30-10/1

At the MD State Fairgrounds in Timonium

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Tons of C&R rifles, no C&R pistols (no modern handguns allowed, i.e., post 1899). Prices tend to be a premium at the antique arms shows. You can sometimes find a relative bargain, but people there tend to be dealing in higher end collectibles. It is worth the trip just to look though... like walking through a museum where you can pick up the pieces. Want to actually be able to look at a genuine LeMat revolver... here is your chance. On a number of occasions, I've had dealers let me check out beautiful weapons in the 70-150K range.... where else are you going to get that opportunity for the $10 cover :-)

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I think doc hit the nail on the head . You may find a bargain but most dealers are trying to recoup overhead on a single sale. It's still worth a look if you don't have anything else to do .

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Thanks. I think I will try and stop by. I need to find a place where i can find some good C & R prices. Still a lot I really want to add to the collection just not sure what I want to start with and where. I went to Gettysburg but only had a few minutes to walk through. Can't wait until the next good show.

Thanks

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just got back. Kinda struck out. Most of the guns there are Civil War/Wild West related. Not much C&R/WW1-2 stuff that I like besides militaria.

I did manage to bring home a nice book on Japanese Bayonets though

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    Small show

Went today (Sat.) about 10:00. Looked like about 100 tables. No C&R, all muzzle loading black power. Very small crowd. It is truly a Civil War show. If that is all you are interested in it may be worth a visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom