• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    A few places had .22LR for $49/500 which is about what it is online. 7.62x54R surplus was $140/440 which is almost 2x what it is online. (Unless I read it wrong) Saw a few Tavors for $1890 FDE and black. Not too much C&R stuff but a lot of ARs and more lever guns and hunting shotguns than Ive ever seen in one place.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Got a tool bag and a spam can of Romanian 8mm. OTOH, I stopped in at The Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury on the way back and picked up a High Standard Model B. :thumbsup:

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    How was the tin of 8mm Rom? I didn't see that.

At the far end of the room off to the right as you enter. I may have gotten the last tin. Paid $170, much more than I've paid for the Romanian in the past, but it's good stuff and pretty hard to find right now, at least for me.

In addition, I passed on getting a nice looking Japanese Type 38 carbine in the other room, full mum, because I already have a decent example. $350 or so, IIRC.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    How was the reloading supplies? See any .204 ruger or 6.5 Grendel ammo?

At least four places were carrying reloading supplies. Some powder, varying kinds.

Everything was at least 10% high, some higher. I didn't try to negotiate them down.

I stopped by the new Trop Gun Shop location. They had lots of primers and powder. The small pistol bricks were on sale for $29, limit of 3000.

Oh, and they had CCI 22 LR bricks of 500, for $39. LOTS of bricks.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Had one vendor BEG me to take some 230gr+p HSTs from him. Marked $50 a box, went to keep walking, the guy kept at it 45, 40, 35, then said 3 for $100, I kept walking. I can understand a small discount for good buisness, or to liquify used gear, but to attempt to rip off people that don't know any better and try to save face with knowledgeable customers is BS, if he would do that, how do I know that ammo wasn't a defective lot, or stolen.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    At the far end of the room off to the right as you enter. I may have gotten the last tin. Paid $170, much more than I've paid for the Romanian in the past, but it's good stuff and pretty hard to find right now, at least for me.

In addition, I passed on getting a nice looking Japanese Type 38 carbine in the other room, full mum, because I already have a decent example. $350 or so, IIRC.

Yeah, that's more than im willing to pay so far. But I've seen higher. I like the Romanian best myself, but I recently bought 700 rounds of Turk for 210. It works good in bolt guns just can't use it in the Semi's. I think I still have three cans of Romanian I'm sitting on for a last resort.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Had one vendor BEG me to take some 230gr+p HSTs from him. Marked $50 a box, went to keep walking, the guy kept at it 45, 40, 35, then said 3 for $100, I kept walking. I can understand a small discount for good buisness, or to liquify used gear, but to attempt to rip off people that don't know any better and try to save face with knowledgeable customers is BS, if he would do that, how do I know that ammo wasn't a defective lot, or stolen.

3 for 100 isn't bad as you aren't paying shipping for that ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom