• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Let us not forget why DC is Shall Issue

Donald J. Trump through his appt of Justice Neil Gorsuch.

Thankyou sir.

Otherwise, we would have had Merrick Garland...

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Otherwise, we would have had Merrick Garland...

Or worse......

Will Hillary Clinton stick with Merrick Garland if she wins the White House?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...es-beyond-his-control/?utm_term=.1032c3b3fc3b

For her part, Clinton has emphasized the high stakes for the high court, and while she has called on the Senate to confirm Garland, she has not indicated whether she would stick with him if there was still an opening come January 2017.

If she wins, Clinton will face pressure from her party’s left wing to select someone younger or more liberal than Garland. Standing by Obama’s man could alienate liberal Democrats, including those who backed Sen. Bernie Sanders in the presidential primaries.

Garland “was the most conservative possible Democratic nominee, and it makes no sense for that to be who Democrats offer the nation after winning a fresh mandate,” said Adam Green, co-founder of the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, which stayed neutral in the primary. The energy of the liberal grassroots “plummeted,” he said, after Obama nominated Garland.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    So what is the update on this case? Sounds like DC will be shall issue soon unless they get a "stay" ruling... or something else.

I believe it was over when DC declined to appeal to SCOTUS. However, the direct impact of the ruling is limited to DC.

Anyone know when should I contact MPD about my (twice declined for G&S) application?

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    I believe it was over when DC declined to appeal to SCOTUS. However, the direct impact of the ruling is limited to DC.

Anyone know when should I contact MPD about my (twice declined for G&S) application?

So if they had appealed to SCOTUS and lost, that ruling would have been nation wide?

If your application for a carry license has been previously denied because of a failure to provide a good reason, you may reapply for a license to carry. You will not be charged a fee for this application.

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    I can't believe Bowser is going back on her word to fight concealed carry!

Shes not going back on her word, just lost that battle in court multiple times. Now there is no where to go for her agenda. She can Appeal to the SCOTUS but that would make it the law of the land, every state would be shall issue at that point. Any state with a good reason or G&S clause would be no more(which is what we want).

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Shes not going back on her word, just lost that battle in court multiple times. Now there is no where to go for her agenda. She can Appeal to the SCOTUS but that would make it the law of the land, every state would be shall issue at that point. Any state with a good reason or G&S clause would be no more(which is what we want).

Which makes her a quitter!

She is unwilling to go the distance to fight for what she believes in!

DC has nothing to lose, they are forced to accept anyone's permit application.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The DC AG is now an elected position. He doesn’t work for Bowser, he works for the voters in DC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    There is still time for DC to petition for cert...

Although Bowser doesn't have direct control over the AG, as it's now an elected position, I agree.......as long as they're still within the window to petition for cert they could change their minds. It would be bad form but they could still do it. They're obviously stalling on shall issue permit issuance, taking as much time as possible, so they haven't given up.

I wouldn't call them "quitters" just yet.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Technically they have 90 days to file for cert after the DC Circuit mandate is issued.

I don’t see that happening as MPDC has changed the application and updated the process including waiving fees for previously denied applicants

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    The Republicans would have brought Garland up for a vote before her inauguration.

Yeah but knowing that Clinton had won the election the urgency would have been gone and Obama could have simply withdrawn him.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Technically they have 90 days to file for cert after the DC Circuit mandate is issued.

I don’t see that happening as MPDC has changed the application and updated the process including waiving fees for previously denied applicants

Agreed, it's an extreme longshot at best.

Now if public pressure lands on Bowser for quitting the fight, that may be enough to sway DC to petition for cert.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I’m guessing the most upset ones are the libtards living in Ward 3

But many are highly educated and may agree with the decision not to ruin the liberal utopias in the remaining may issue states

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC

I agree with you but the thought of this still possibly going nationwide is quite intriguing.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom