Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old March 19th, 2019, 04:17 PM #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilipeppermaniac View Post
I truly feel that each and every gun control legislator needs to face down true criminal elements/threats/attackers while being unarmed and without paid guards until police respond to a 911 call to come to their aid.
I completely agree with this principle, and firmly believe that the best way to change the minds of those who are anti-gun is to give them a force-on-force training experience.

Having taken force-on-force training, where Simunitions were used, the perspective one gains from that type of course is considerable.

It’s amazing to see the speed at which events unfold, the unpredictability of the other person’s behavior, and the way various factors impact your response.

This type of training also hammers home, usually with tactile feedback, that there are direct consequences if you fail.

Equally important, those scenarios make it crystal clear that:

1.) Unarmed individuals are just along for the ride, and are subject to the whims of their assailant.

2.) When one carries a firearm, their ability to influence the situation increases considerably, and the chances of a negative outcome are greatly reduced.

3.) Even if one does have a firearm, there is still uncertainty, and there’s always the possibility that their outcome may still be negative, regardless.

4.) In this type of encounter, virtually everyone would want to have the tools needed to defend themselves

To drive the lesson home, the legislators should have multiple opportunities to run through the scenarios - first without a firearm, then again with firearms. That way, they can see what it’s like to be in that type of encounter, both with and without a firearm, and they’ll all have a common point of reference upon which to base their views.

Unfortunately, we live in “The Free Infringed State”, where people don’t seem to understand that categorical bans of “scary things” won’t magically make everything better.

Also, if our elected officials won’t give us more than 60-120 seconds for testimony, and some of those legislators don’t even have the basic decency to stay and listen to citizens who are providing input on a bill that they introduced, then I’m sure they probably won’t want to devote a couple of hours to force-on-force training.
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2019, 04:58 PM #122
Crank in the Third Row

Crank in the Third Row

Quote:
I completely agree with this principle, and firmly believe that the best way to change the minds of those who are anti-gun is to give them an MS-13 based life threatening experience...
FIFY. That will leave a LASTING impression on them.

Dark to Light; sheep no more. WWG1WGA WWNC
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2019, 09:46 PM #123

Quote:
I completely agree with this principle, and firmly believe that the best way to
change the minds of those who are anti-gun is to give them an MS-13 based life threatening experience...

Beo, This is exactly what I proposed. NO SIMULATIONS, JUST COP KILLING, NO REMORSE, FULL Blooded KILLERS putting all of them in piss your pants, fight or flight, do or die experiences.

Then let's see how their rhetoric and laws work out for them.
Old March 27th, 2019, 02:30 PM #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoostation View Post
The attached 63-page planning paper was written and published by J. Joseph Curran in 1999. For those not familiar, Curran was Maryland's fanatically anti-gun Attorney General from 1987-2007 before he retired and Gansler took the reigns. Curran was a darling of the Cease Fire crowd and worked closely with them throughout the years.

In this plan Curran does a good job of outlining the anti-gun crowd's multifaceted plan for gradually chipping away at, and in some cases eventually banning, private gun ownership, especially of handguns. From "educating the children" to think correctly to taking background checks to draconian levels to suing the manufacturers and dealers into oblivion, it's all in there.

The report was available for a long time on the State AG's website. It's was eventually taken down, perhaps at least partially in the hope that the Pro-2A movement would forget such a bold and detailed statement from an elected official regarding the true methods and goals of gun control in this state existed. However, the Internet Archive is a wonderful thing.

Bear in mind his closing statement:

p.63
That's interesting, the date, 1999. I first saw this while I was sitting second chair to an assistant state's attorney in the Baltimore City Northern District Court. That assistant state's attorney was Martin O'Malley and he was at that time dating Katie, Joe Curran's daughter.

That had to be around 1990 or so, maybe '89. It has been around for awhile. I was gobsmacked back then when I read it, still am today. I guess it was a draft at that stage, I never saw it published anywhere.
Oldline is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues