• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    MightyWarMonger said:
    I put yes for it but it wasn't expunged until a couple years ago. and the people at work helped me fill out the paper work. I was just hoping to be able to put no as it would have been easier. but since I'm applying for a permit with no restrictions would this be a new permit?

If you qualified for a work permit, then without G&S you still qualify. We don't need any reason now other than "Self Defense and all lawful purpose".

dj_justice

Aug 29, 2011
    Just got my app in this morning. UPS store offers notary service for $5. Spent $74 on background check fingerprinting and photos.

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena
    Am I reading page 12 correctly? They want to know where my reference works and that phone number?

And, is my mother's BF "related" to me?

I don't really have 3 references. I keep to myself.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    The way I see it is PUT EVERYTHING ON THERE. I don't think you have to put your speeding ticket for doing 60 in a 55 but you get the point. Really all they can look for is if you were convicted of a felony and got a jail sentence of a year or more (I believe thats what the rules state) Anyway it is much better for them to look at your app and say "oh he did not need to put that on here" then to say "Why was this not on the app".

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Yes thats what they want. IF they do an interview they will have you call them. It will be during the day so they want to be able to get ahold of someone. Your mothers boyfriend is not related but I would try to use someone else if you could.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I know I use that sight often enough but it was expunged its no longer on there ;)

MUST I DISCLOSE EXPUNGED CHARGES?
    According to Maryland law, Criminal Procedure §10-109:
    Disclosure of expunged information about civil citations and criminal charges in an application,
    interview, or other means may not be required of a person who applies for employment, etc.
    A person need not refer to or give information concerning an expunged charge when answering
    a question concerning a criminal charge or civil citation that did not result in a conviction or
    that the Governor pardoned.
    Refusal by a person to disclose information about criminal charges or civil citations that have
    been expunged may not be the sole reason for refusal to hire the person.

page 9 of attached file

Attachments

• ccdccr072br.pdf
      339 KB · Views: 321

dan8480

Gun Addict
    Feb 23, 2008
    Adams County
    Do we really need to attach OFFICIAL court dispositions for any charges? Don't they get that info with the background check? Would that mean I would need a certified copy of the court documents? The charge was a failure to appear for a reckless driving ticket in VA. I called Virginia for a copy of those records, and she said there was no records that I could have because it was over 10 years ago, and those records were no longer available. She said I could request a "10 year" letter, that states there is a charge for me, but they have no information available for it. Would this suffice as the OFFICIAL documentation?

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Does the MSP normally interview references? What questions could they possibly ask to use in their decision making process?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I'm a HAZMAT CDL holder and had to get the livescan fingerprinting for my license a few months ago. Does anyone know if I can use that for fingerprinting and can I get them to print me a new receipt if it's current?

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    I'm a HAZMAT CDL holder and had to get the livescan fingerprinting for my license a few months ago. Does anyone know if I can use that for fingerprinting and can I get them to print me a new receipt if it's current?

According to the most recent fingerprint rules, no.

APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED AS SENT TO THE LICENSING DIVISION OR STAMPED AS DELIVERED TO THE LICENSING DIVISION WITHIN 72 HOURS OF FINGERPRINTS BEING ELECTRONICALLY SUBMITTED. IF YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT SUBMITTED WITHIN 72 HOURS IT MAY BE RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT. This is important as the value of fingerprints submitted decreases over time and become unusable after 30 calendar days.

This appears to refer to the inked prints, so I am not sure why it would be a requirement. Seems to me that electronic prints do not degrade that fast.

fxdunigan

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 7, 2012
    Southern MD

Probably not for two reasons listed on the MDSP Fingerprinting document here: http://www.mdsp.org/Portals/0/Users/055/55/55/2012 Licensing Division Fingerprint Rules.A.pdf
    1. It says the value of fingerprints submitted decreases over time and become unusable after 30 calendar days.
    2. When submitted the Livescan facility has to use a specific handgun permit code 9400082484

fxdunigan

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 7, 2012
    Southern MD
    Here is the Criminal Code

(ii) is what you want to look at

http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2010/criminal-procedure/title-10/subtitle-1/10-109/

According to the statute, if the MSP turns you down for this or files charges against you, THEY ARE IN VIOLATION!

MUST I DISCLOSE EXPUNGED CHARGES?
    According to Maryland law, Criminal Procedure §10-109:
    Disclosure of expunged information about civil citations and criminal charges in an application,
    interview, or other means may not be required of a person who applies for employment, etc.
    A person need not refer to or give information concerning an expunged charge when answering
    a question concerning a criminal charge or civil citation that did not result in a conviction or
    that the Governor pardoned.
    Refusal by a person to disclose information about criminal charges or civil citations that have
    been expunged may not be the sole reason for refusal to hire the person.

page 9 of attached file

Wow, that seems like a pretty clear answer all the expungment questions!
    Thanks for the details. :thumbsup:

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Got Every thing together last night, went to a great place this morning. Very Nice people there. The Place is called Absolute Investigative and Security Services. Did not need an appointment, just walked right in. I went in at 9:45am, left at 10:00am. One Stop shopping, Live Scan, Photo, Notary, and the Owner even arranged my app for me and paper clipped every thing I need to send. The whole thing was like $52-$57 bucks. My Application was on it's way by 10:30am. Now We Wait....

For any one in the Towson area, they are Located right on Joppa Road. Not Far from the Towson Town Center. Here is a Link to the Place.

http://securityandinvestigationsmd.com/fingerprinting.php

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Got Every thing together last night, went to a great place this morning. Very Nice people there. The Place is called Absolute Investigative and Security Services. Did not need an appointment, just walked right in. I went in at 9:45am, left at 10:00am. One Stop shopping, Live Scan, Photo, Notary, and the Owner even arranged my app for me and paper clipped every thing I need to send. The whole thing was like $52-$57 bucks. My Application was on it's way by 10:30am. Now We Wait....

For any one in the Towson area, they are Located right on Joppa Road. Not Far from the Towson Town Center. Here is a Link to the Place.

http://securityandinvestigationsmd.com/fingerprinting.php

A buddy and I went there this morning! That place was a huge help. I had some questions after I got home and started my app. I called them and they answered them all. Great guys. Now I just hope this all goes through!

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Okay, I got my prints done on Friday afternoon having mised the whole 72-hour as opposed to 30-day limit. (What a crock BTW) So...

1. If I get them in the mail on Monday morning (from a post office so they're postmarked right away) will that get me under the 72-hour limit?

2. I don't work all that far from Pikesvile, is delivering it in person an option?

3. For my own edification, where exactly is this 72-hour rule found and are we certain it applies to the electronic fingerprints?

#%^*+-ing state....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom