• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Happy New Year everyone. I hope that 2008 is filled with guns and light on legislation. Thanks for making 2007 such a successful year for MDShooters (all of us MD Shooters).

Don't drink and drive.

:beer:

SamW

Apr 2, 2007
    Western Md
    Happy New Year to all Maryland Shooters. May your new year be filled with safely slinging lead down range.

Ready on the left
    Ready on the right,
    Ready on the firing line
    Commence firing

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Happy New Year everyone... I'll be announcing it to the towne folke, using 50 grains of FFg in my cannon. Enjoy it safely!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Happy New Year all.

Here's to great prosperity in 2008 and low numbers of anti-gun bills.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Happy New Year to all!! :beer: Lets all hope 2008 is a monumental year for gun rights activists through the simple decision by the Highest Court of the Land.

Happy New Year everyone... I'll be announcing it to the towne folke, using 50 grains of FFg in my cannon. Enjoy it safely!

Do you really have a real cannon? I'd love to see a pic. I'd also like hear about where you got it. I have seen real cannons on the internet for about $3000 for civil war replicas with the carriage and all. They are the ones with the huge bore. I always thought about getting one of the big dogs but I don't think my neighbors would enjoy me firing it with blanks. If you can even do that in Maryland.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Do you really have a real cannon? I'd love to see a pic. I'd also like hear about where you got it. I have seen real cannons on the internet for about $3000 for civil war replicas with the carriage and all. They are the ones with the huge bore. I always thought about getting one of the big dogs but I don't think my neighbors would enjoy me firing it with blanks. If you can even do that in Maryland.

Sorry to disappoint, but my cannon's just a little .45 caliber (approximate), 8" long Napoleonic-style ship cannon replica that I've had for oh, about 30 years. But it does make an impressive boom! As for the neighbors, I only fire it a couple of times a year, at most, on New Year's Eve and July 4th, when the entire neighborhood is setting off fireworks anyway.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Sorry to disappoint, but my cannon's just a little .45 caliber (approximate), 8" long Napoleonic-style ship cannon replica that I've had for oh, about 30 years. But it does make an impressive boom! As for the neighbors, I only fire it a couple of times a year, at most, on New Year's Eve and July 4th, when the entire neighborhood is setting off fireworks anyway.

I bet its still a neat piece though. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom