Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 21st, 2019, 02:37 PM #11
MSI EM

MSI EM

It sounds like another "Echo Chamber", were people of like thoughts (not minds), reinforce each others belief system. It makes them sound very smart and fully educated on the subject when no one challenges your beliefs or perceptions. I believe this has become the weakness of the Anti 2A movement and the Democratic party in general. Everyone is too eager to belong and be accepted, wanting only to have their beliefs reinforced by the "Echo Chamber".

KJackson, good luck.

"I do find myself cursing the ghosts of the politicians and gun owners who let our 2nd Amendment rights degrade over the past century. Seven plus decades of being afraid to enthusiastically challenge any new ban against our gun rights has proven to be very foolish. Your rights will not preserve themselves; they must be pursued, secured and vigilantly maintained."
Boxcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 04:54 PM #12
Crank in the Third Row

Crank in the Third Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJackson View Post
I am currently taking the course and in the discussion forum, someone has already posted that they feel that anyone who owns a gun is nuts. Thank you for keeping an open mind. Some of the first slides that they displayed showed that most gun murders were committed by young black males and the victims were young black males. Seems to me that they could just ban young black males from having guns and the number of murders would drop.
Isn't Planned Parenthood working on that?

ETA: Are they charging you American money for that course?

Dark to Light; sheep no more. WWG1WGA WWNC
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 06:07 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeoBill View Post
Isn't Planned Parenthood working on that?

ETA: Are they charging you American money for that course?
You can take the course for free, but if you want a certificate at the end, then you can pony up $49. No thanks. I'll take the free version.

They asked us to answer the following questions. After that is my post. You can reply to posts, but I haven't seen many.

What is the culture of gun ownership and use like where you live?

How does gun violence impact your personal life and/or your community?

How does your experience differ from others?

While the area where I live does not have a high rate of criminal gun activity, I do live near a place that does. That is Baltimore. I was raised in a house without guns, yet I was taught that they were not toys to be played with and having one was not an expression of your toughness or manhood.

I currently do own a number of firearms and they are all safely stored and only I have access to them. They only present a danger to you if you are a paper target that I have hung up at the end of the firing range.

I have not been a victim of gun violence and know only 1 person for sure that has been shot by a firearm and that was his own fault for being stupid.

With all the talk of people being gun violence survivors and mass shooting survivors, I have come to wonder something. What makes someone a gun violence survivor or mass shooting survivor? Being shot and living? Being near someone that was shot? If so, how close do you need to be to qualify? If I was present at a 1,200 student school when a mass shooting took place, am I a mass shooting survivor? Even if I was in a different building from where the shooting happened?

I am a person who sees a firearm as an inanimate tool. The usefulness or destruction comes entirely from the desire of the user. So one thing that I hope to see addressed in this class is punishing those who use firearms illegality or possess them illegally, instead of dropping those charges and letting the criminal out to commit more and worse crimes. Stop blaming the tool and start blaming the user. Did God get rid of stones after Cain killed Able?
Old May 21st, 2019, 06:16 PM #14

You brought God into it, you will now be ostracized.

NRA - Endowment-Life Member
MSI Member
MD Designated Collector
SOTAR Alumnus

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 06:18 PM #15
Liberty = Responsibility

Liberty = Responsibility

Dropped from the course in 3-2-1

-- They had a chance to be hard on criminals, instead they chose to target you.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 06:34 PM #16

Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
Dropped from the course in 3-2-1
True dat
babalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 08:18 PM #17
Beer Czar

Beer Czar

Intro from one of the "professors" in the intro, 3:10

"I had the very good fortune to be able to interview our state's attorney general, Brian Frosh, on the topic of the Second Amendment to the US Constitution."

This ought to be good...
Old May 21st, 2019, 09:07 PM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer_jim View Post
Intro from one of the "professors" in the intro, 3:10

"I had the very good fortune to be able to interview our state's attorney general, Brian Frosh, on the topic of the Second Amendment to the US Constitution."

This ought to be good...
Insofar as Frosh has labeled anyone who wants to own a gun as insane, I stand in awe of this great man who trusts his life to his "insane" MSP bodyguards.

Do you suppose he requests that they disarm before entering the Presence?

"Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland."

Originally Posted by Deep Lurker:
Quote:
Disclaimer: “No criminals will be harmed in the passage of these gun control bills.”
Bob A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 09:17 PM #19
i pi

i pi

Very soon we will all see the Supreme Court smack Frosh so hard his moustache lands in Mexico.

Lol, listening to Frosh is a huge mistake.
danb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 09:30 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJackson View Post
You can take the course for free, but if you want a certificate at the end, then you can pony up $49. No thanks. I'll take the free version.

They asked us to answer the following questions. After that is my post. You can reply to posts, but I haven't seen many.

What is the culture of gun ownership and use like where you live?

How does gun violence impact your personal life and/or your community?

How does your experience differ from others?

While the area where I live does not have a high rate of criminal gun activity, I do live near a place that does. That is Baltimore. I was raised in a house without guns, yet I was taught that they were not toys to be played with and having one was not an expression of your toughness or manhood.

I currently do own a number of firearms and they are all safely stored and only I have access to them. They only present a danger to you if you are a paper target that I have hung up at the end of the firing range.

I have not been a victim of gun violence and know only 1 person for sure that has been shot by a firearm and that was his own fault for being stupid.

With all the talk of people being gun violence survivors and mass shooting survivors, I have come to wonder something. What makes someone a gun violence survivor or mass shooting survivor? Being shot and living? Being near someone that was shot? If so, how close do you need to be to qualify? If I was present at a 1,200 student school when a mass shooting took place, am I a mass shooting survivor? Even if I was in a different building from where the shooting happened?

I am a person who sees a firearm as an inanimate tool. The usefulness or destruction comes entirely from the desire of the user. So one thing that I hope to see addressed in this class is punishing those who use firearms illegality or possess them illegally, instead of dropping those charges and letting the criminal out to commit more and worse crimes. Stop blaming the tool and start blaming the user. Did God get rid of stones after Cain killed Able?
Now you did it!
I bet Professor Webster has your name, on a sticky note, stuck on the corner of his monitor for the duration of the course.
Member- Maryland Shall Issue
ROLL TIDE!!
rseymorejr is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues