• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UNCLE WAWA

May 16, 2005
    FREDNECK,MD
    I just received a reply back from the governors office stating he would sign a "SHALL ISSUE " bill if it ever got to his desk, but commitee members keep holding them back every year. so my question is this : who are these comittee members and how do we contact them to let our views be known ?:mad54: :mad54:

got an e-mail today from henry at md shall issue . org in the letter he states that while everyone is working for ccw in md not to expect it this year.

while I appreciate all the work he does, I felt very let down by his defeatist statement :sad20: please, just tell us what we need to do to get it passed:party29:

uncle wawa

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think Henry is correct in taking the long view for this year. No one wants to go on record on a gun bill in an election year....either pro or against. It doesn't make sense for us to expend capital when it would do no good. MHOFWIW

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Lambo said:
    Jim Sr, You probability read some of my Posts on the Baltimore Sun Boards........METALSTUD. Read alot of yours!
    I'm on Sunspot too. See if you can guess who I am over on BS;).

Jim Sr., you are a great benefit to these causes wherever I see you post.:party29:

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    who are these comittee members and how do we contact them to let our views be known

In the Senate, the key Problems are Sneator Brian Frosh (who is also Chairman of the Judicial Proceedings commitee - this is where all "gun bills" have to start. If he decides to not even allow a commitee vote, nothing happens to the bill. It's ALL up to him. One person basically), and Senator Rob Garagiaol.

Both are from Montgomery County. Go figure.

In the House, Del Neil Quinter would be our main obstructionist. Quinter used to work for Dianne Feinstein. Nuf' said about that.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    JUDICIAL PROCEEDINGS COMMITTEE

L_Name F_Name Mi ~ Party ~ District ~ E-Mail Address ~ Phone # ~ Fax #

Chair
    Vice-Chair
    Committee

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    novus collectus said:
    Which Senators and Delegates can I vote for or against (and write to) that represent my district (P.G. county)?

To find your elected officials and to display information about your election districts Go here!

Click Initial Map to display a state-wide map of Maryland.

Enter your street address and city and choose Find Street to create a detailed map of your street and neighborhood and to get information about the congressional and state legislative districts at that address.

You can also choose a legislative district by choosing Find District and it will be displayed on the map.

Choose the Zoom In, Zoom Out or Pan tool, and then click and drag on the map image to change the location displayed on the map.

Choose the Info tool, and then click on any point in the map image to display the legislative district information for that particular location on the map.

Did that help? :patriot:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Jim Sr said:
    To find your elected officials and to display information about your election districts Go here!

Click Initial Map to display a state-wide map of Maryland.

Enter your street address and city and choose Find Street to create a detailed map of your street and neighborhood and to get information about the congressional and state legislative districts at that address.

You can also choose a legislative district by choosing Find District and it will be displayed on the map.

Choose the Zoom In, Zoom Out or Pan tool, and then click and drag on the map image to change the location displayed on the map.

Choose the Info tool, and then click on any point in the map image to display the legislative district information for that particular location on the map.

Did that help? :patriot:
    Sadly, no. "the page cannot be displayed" is what happened when I tried the link.

But I'll try again later just in case there is a minor internet problem right now.

In any case, keep up the good work Jim Sr. and I greatly appreciate all your work.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Dag, give a brother a heart attack!

Although I wouldn't be suprised if Frosh gets Gianetti or another pro gun Senator moved to a different commotee to change the balance of power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom