• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    You can also use the c-stock on a Benelli supernova.
    These sticks are the ones being used by Benelli defense on the newer M4A1 .

Benelli has switched to these on the newer variants being sold directly to the military and overseas customers.

This is the M4A1 that I recently purchased for home defense . For my home , away from home.

The original c-stock is gone.

Attachments

• 4F5170CA-BC0B-4ACD-A1C7-EB90ECA0BE5F.jpg
      4F5170CA-BC0B-4ACD-A1C7-EB90ECA0BE5F.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 241

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Promag used to make a Benelli m4 c-stock clone.
    Stock number Pm253

These used to sell for 130 bucks. I’ve seen them being sold for about 300-350.

These drop in on Benelli m4s with the 3-position recoil tube. If you’re going to use one on a clone, you will still need a compatible recoil tube from Benelli or an aftermarket version.

Attachments

• 9E5F8B84-D78A-46C8-8798-0F69BB53ABD2.jpeg
      9E5F8B84-D78A-46C8-8798-0F69BB53ABD2.jpeg
      6.6 KB · Views: 151

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Found a Toros T4 field stock takeoff on arfcom cheap, gonna see if it works on my S4.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If you want to put the Turkish collapsible on your gun, you need to buy the Tac-12, not the S4. The Tac-12 has a different recoil tube designed to work with them (and will not work with the Benelli collapsible). IIRC, the S4 tube does NOT have the cuts for a Benelli collapsible.

Reminder about stock upgrades that don't require recoil tube changeouts:
    S4 = Mesa Urbino
    Tac-12 = Turkish collapsible

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    Honestly. The urbino stock is so much more comfortable to shoot compared to the m4 c-stock.

The factory c-stock is currently going from 6-1000 bucks. In addition to that, the recoil tube will have to be replaced to accommodate the c-stock . That’s about 350 bucks for an aftermarket version and unobtainable if you’re looking for a Benelli part. I recently saw one on eBay that sold for 1k.

You can get a Turkish c-stock from New Zealand ( includes the recoil spring tube ) for about 350. But those are back ordered at this time.

Benelli parts is taking pre orders for the c-stock for 600 bucks. Lol

If you’re getting the urbino stock. Get the one with the cheek piece / riser. Just in case you’re upgrading to an optic later on. The comb on the urbino is perfect for the ghost rings. But too low if you mount a red dot. The adjustable cheek piece resolves that issue. Why a red dot ? People get older , eyes get older. Shooting slugs can take the effective range of your m4 clone to about 200 yards.

I usually have a couple of 3” magnum slugs on the side saddle. This gives me an effective range of up to 250 yards.

Botach has a good deal on the urbino stock. I paid 199 for the set that I bought. Includes the 12.5 lop stock. Cheek rest, sling attachment points , limbsaver recoil pad and an aluminum 8-shell sidesaddle with optics rail.

Can you imagine spending $600-1000 on a factory stock? That’s insanity. I’m as guilty as anyone at chasing after gun shit that is either hard or impossible to get but that’s way beyond the line for me.

Good call on the optic, I definitely plan to add something, probably a red dot after I stuck a couple on some pistols and figured out how great they were.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Can you imagine spending $600-1000 on a factory stock? That’s insanity. I’m as guilty as anyone at chasing after gun shit that is either hard or impossible to get but that’s way beyond the line for me.

Good call on the optic, I definitely plan to add something, probably a red dot after I stuck a couple on some pistols and figured out how great they were.
    I am going to give this optic a try:

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slx-rotary-knob-25mm-microdot-with-acss-5.56-reticle

I’ll be curious to see if the holds they published for 12 gauge with that reticle actually remotely relate to reality, but if they do it’ll be awesome. If they don’t, it’s still a big donut of death with a finer aiming point for slugs. It’s a shame that I can only seem to find interesting reticles like this in Chinese optics, because I would happily give my money to companies selling products from Non China countries. Except the LED emitters and other circuitry would still have about a 99% likelihood of being from China. And I’m definitely posting this from a Chinese made phone, so I guess I’ll get off my oddly specific soapbox now.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    The LOP on the civilian m4 is around 14.5”
    That’s fine on a shotgun that uses a bead sight. But for a shotgun that has ghost ring sights, it’s too long.

The S4 has the same LOP. For me, 12 to 12.5” LOP is optimal. That’s why I opted for the Mesa tactical Urbino stock.

For a real M4. I would do the same thing. The stock LOP was the first thing that needs correction. The stock and matching hand guards count as two 922r parts, added a us made follower. That’s three parts.
    At this point , a two round mag extension is legal to add. Which brings the mag capacity to 7 rounds.

That’s about 250 bucks worth of parts added. At 650.00 bucks, it’s still a good deal.

Once it’s proven itself dependable. Then adding more enhancements , such as optics and other accessories is reasonable.

So I’m not sure I understand the 922R. Can I just buy the Sds s4 frim battlehawk as is or do I need to add parts to it for them to ship it to my FFL ?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So I’m not sure I understand the 922R. Can I just buy the Sds s4 frim battlehawk as is or do I need to add parts to it for them to ship it to my FFL ?
    It can be shipped to your FFL. It is compliant as-is because it is in a configuration for "sporting purposes". If you want to add a collapsible stock or extend the magazine capacity past five rounds, that takes it out of sporting purposes configuration, and you will need to deal with 922r. People on this thread have given you some good advice on how to deal with that.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    The shotgun is 922(r) compliant as is, no modifications necessary. The entire purpose of the 922(r) discussion in the thread is to make it so you can legally modify the shotgun to hold more than 5 rounds in the magazine, or add a collapsible stock.

The 922(r) compliance components also happen to be components most of us would replace anyway, but there’s no need to unless you want to. The shotgun is perfectly serviceable as is, with the possible exception of replacing the extractor and extractor spring with OEM Benelli parts.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    It can be shipped to your FFL. It is compliant as-is because it is in a configuration for "sporting purposes". If you want to add a collapsible stock or extend the magazine capacity past five rounds, that takes it out of sporting purposes configuration, and you will need to deal with 922r. People on this thread have given you some good advice on how to deal with that.

Ah, I think that’s the piece of 922r I was not understanding.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    My SDS S4 was delivered to the FFL today. I won’t be able to pick it up for a few days.
    Be careful, the price you paid for a firearm limits how much you’re allowed to spend on accessories and upgrades. At $375 shipped you’re allowed to leave it stock or use accessories commonly recommended by Amazon to shoppers. Anything else is illegal. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but what can you do? Shotgun law, am I right?

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Be careful, the price you paid for a firearm limits how much you’re allowed to spend on accessories and upgrades. At $375 shipped you’re allowed to leave it stock or use accessories commonly recommended by Amazon to shoppers. Anything else is illegal. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but what can you do? Shotgun law, am I right?

-

Whatever it is, erwos is right about the LOP. It’s like an A2 stock, just longer than your average person needs. It’s a shame, because the stock seems to have a decent recoil pad.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    The LOP on the civilian m4 is around 14.5”
    That’s fine on a shotgun that uses a bead sight. But for a shotgun that has ghost ring sights, it’s too long.

The S4 has the same LOP. For me, 12 to 12.5” LOP is optimal. That’s why I opted for the Mesa tactical Urbino stock.

For a real M4. I would do the same thing. The stock LOP was the first thing that needs correction. The stock and matching hand guards count as two 922r parts, added a us made follower. That’s three parts.
    At this point , a two round mag extension is legal to add. Which brings the mag capacity to 7 rounds.

That’s about 250 bucks worth of parts added. At 650.00 bucks, it’s still a good deal.

Once it’s proven itself dependable. Then adding more enhancements , such as optics and other accessories is reasonable.

Makes sense. You mentioned a side saddle and optics rail in your other post, what’s the advantages over the rail it came with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom