• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Good 'ol concertina wire. That chit is WICKED. I've seen a long coil of it stop a M60A3 tank in it's tracks, once enough of it got wrapped into the drive sprockets

So true! 25 years later I still have a line of scars on my leg from a run in with the stuff. For the record I’m talking about while in the army and not a prison break.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I'm a little curious... if the nutjob previously owned all the property but subdivided it when he had to sell wouldn't there be a record of a survey done showing exact property boundries?

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Yup. Take Fredo fishing and have him look for all the guns MDSers have lost over the years.

Sorry man, it is almost inconceivable to me that 12 acres does not buy you immunity from this kind of shit. Be careful for both your (you and gf) physical and legal safety.

Oh snap, is it legal to shoot at your place? Hosting a shoot with ~ 20 MDSers might set your neighbor's mind a little straighter. Would be a barn raising of sorts.:party29:

:thumbsup: Not a bad idea!

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    12 acres is a very nice piece of land. You own it and you deserve to enjoy it. Get the property lines surveyed, post No Trespassing signs, fence off the line if you can, use some surveillance equipment. Next time the dude comes over, tell him that you value your privacy and uninvited guests are not welcome. The next time he trespasses call the cops. I'd carry on my own property just in case since the guy is a nut job. Good luck and let us know what happens!!

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    12 acres is a very nice piece of land. You own it and you deserve to enjoy it. Get the property lines surveyed, post No Trespassing signs, fence off the line if you can, use some surveillance equipment. Next time the dude comes over, tell him that you value your privacy and uninvited guests are not welcome. The next time he trespasses call the cops. I'd carry on my own property just in case since the guy is a nut job. Good luck and let us know what happens!!

I wonder if Marylandistan would consider this nutjob neighbor G&S. :sarcasm:

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown

A few people from here have been to my family's farm, it's private to say the least but still I carry and if I'm not leaving the property I open carry, so anyone who considers coming on understands where we stand on privacy.

OP, I think everyone's had some jokes; but

Survey
    Signs
    Fence
    Open carry
    Police
    Restraining order

TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    I have not read all of the pages here, but I just wanted to give a little update. I reached out to three companies to get a survey done, only one has gotten back to me so far. They wanted $12,500 to do the survey and mark the property line… I thought that was flipping outrageous.!!!!

I have a cellular trail camera down on another property near him, I got him on camera again yesterday walking on my property. I called him just to have a polite conversation and he immediately was extremely hostile before I even matched the camera. He told me he works with federal police, his father was the head of the ATF, etc. etc. Just talking crazy stuff. By the property map he sent me, which is missing 1.2 acres vs my deed, Camera is clearly well within my property. He started to tell me how he owns half of one of my fields which is a good hundred feet beyond any plausible property line. He told me if I know what’s good for me I should stay off his property, and not to cross the creek. Not that I ever would want to or need to cross the creek?

He said that “I know you’ve been talking to the neighbors” and that I’m not welcome on his property. It’s just really weird. He directed a crude fence out of blue painted pallets behind his first fence, and just has one chair sitting there so he can sit there and look out. It reminds me of some Mogadishu checkpoint.

I think Monday I’m going to stop by the police department and just have a chat with someone there, get my concerns on record and see what they recommend. My girlfriend is 4’11” and he’s pretty uncomfortable at this point.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    With the exception of another crazy person, I think this/your situation would make anybody uncomfortable. I know it would me.

P.S. I encourage you to read all the pages.
    P.P.S. I hope you get this resolved before it makes the news.

TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    With the exception of another crazy person, I think this/your situation would make anybody uncomfortable. I know it would me.

P.S. I encourage you to read all the pages.
    P.P.S. I hope you get this resolved before it makes the news.

When I get some downtime I’m going to go through and read all the pages here. And I’m a pretty relaxed guy, I really have no intention of escalating this situation. Ever I can’t make a crazy person be rational!

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    When I get some downtime I’m going to go through and read all the pages here. And I’m a pretty relaxed guy, I really have no intention of escalating this situation. Ever I can’t make a crazy person be rational!

Apologies, my P.P.S. was not intended to imply anything. Best of luck with a positive resolution my man.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Damn, hope you got a real good deal on the land.
    As far as posting it go a head and do it, let him worry about a survey and pay for it.
    More than likely, if he gets rung up enough,the problem will solve itself.

I have not read all of the pages here, but I just wanted to give a little update. I reached out to three companies to get a survey done, only one has gotten back to me so far. They wanted $12,500 to do the survey and mark the property line… I thought that was flipping outrageous.!!!!

I have a cellular trail camera down on another property near him, I got him on camera again yesterday walking on my property. I called him just to have a polite conversation and he immediately was extremely hostile before I even matched the camera. He told me he works with federal police, his father was the head of the ATF, etc. etc. Just talking crazy stuff. By the property map he sent me, which is missing 1.2 acres vs my deed, Camera is clearly well within my property. He started to tell me how he owns half of one of my fields which is a good hundred feet beyond any plausible property line. He told me if I know what’s good for me I should stay off his property, and not to cross the creek. Not that I ever would want to or need to cross the creek?

He said that “I know you’ve been talking to the neighbors” and that I’m not welcome on his property. It’s just really weird. He directed a crude fence out of blue painted pallets behind his first fence, and just has one chair sitting there so he can sit there and look out. It reminds me of some Mogadishu checkpoint.

I think Monday I’m going to stop by the police department and just have a chat with someone there, get my concerns on record and see what they recommend. My girlfriend is 4’11” and he’s pretty uncomfortable at this point.

Best advice given in post 15, minus the sarcasm. Take it or leave it.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    Too many things here to catch up on but read first and last pages. Had someone like this in my life with a decade plus dispute over property that got very very ugly. Survey is good idea but I understand the cost is prohibitive. Are there not sufficient original maps that clearly show the boundary? IANAL but I did pay one for quite awhile to fight my family’s battle, you will probably need to go to court. In my case I wound up with a consent decree establishing some literal/figurative boundaries along with consequences for violating the agreement. As mentally ill as this guy is he may not respect any court orders.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Was a survey done when he subdivided the property 6 years ago? What was recorded in the AA County land records?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom