Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    118279883_4305050209566203_6077973043682330338_o.jpg

sandeman

Jun 19, 2008
    Pasadena
    I think MDS needs to have reloading courses in the popular calibers.We can work out the prices on turn out,equiptment payment to press owners,other raw materials required.This will be the last time our members will be held to price hikes.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I think MDS needs to have reloading courses in the popular calibers.We can work out the prices on turn out,equiptment payment to press owners,other raw materials required.This will be the last time our members will be held to price hikes.

Have you priced components lately?

Primers especially.

I used to have friends use my 650. They would give me a pound of powder, or some primers, or some bullets every so often.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I think MDS needs to convince ammojon to start carrying reloading supplies...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    So nobody is gonna scold the OP for shopping at Cheaper than Dirt? And throw in Dicks while you’re at it? Surprising.

I’ll do it - Hey, OP, don’t shop at CTD or Dicks. CTD has been price gouging our community since 2013, and cheating and scamming us for years. And as far as Dicks goes, they shit on the 2A, and boasted about it. All the supporting facts and stories are on these boards if you look it up.

Oh, and no Yeti either.

:lol:Why bother? It's been done so many times it's almost a standing joke. If anyone did a Search here of CTD they'd know. Your scoldings will have to be a regular thing around here:sad20:

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    what really sucks a big ding dong is that it's just just defensive calibers sold out, but a lot of long range match stuff is sold out too. I'm a bit surprised at that part.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    If you are convinced that we will be locked in a deadly civil war by next December, at least consider this; how much ammo can you carry, and in a hardcore fight, how long you gonna last, really?

Given how out of shape many are the answers are:
    - Not much and,
    - Not very long

CQB is a healthy, young person's activity.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Freedom Munitions has some .223 remington ammo in stock. Just got it for 67 cents a round.
    I just checked their website and they want 75cpr for reman M193. Seriously, I'd rather just not shoot than pay that money. (Admittedly, this is easier to say when sitting on top of a pile of components.)

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    So, there is a an ammunition shortage & rising prices for the ammo that you can find. Yes, I know a lot of people are buying and that can create a shortage, but why the high prices? We're not bidding for it on eBay. Who is reaping the rising profits? Does it cost more to make ammo when there is a high demand & shortage? Are the manufacturers charging the brokers more? Does it cost more to ship ammo when there is a shortage? Are the brokers charging the retailers more? Are retailers charging more because they can? What's up? Is it another sudden "brass shortage" or "huge government contract" like with .22 rimfire (but nothing else)? And why haven't those prices gone back (Remember a 500 rd. brick for $8-10.00: now $20-25.00?) Is it like the decades old manufacturer's antifreeze shortage: formerly $1.79-3.00 for concentrate, now $15.00 to un-Godly for pre-mixed? I think we're being played to ultimately stabilize ammo prices at three to four times the former prices. ��

Okay, it's supply & demand. I know, I know, that's what it's called.:deadhorse: Still, nobody has answered the core question before the gripe & complain, "Who's reaping the profits? The manufacturer, the shipper, the broker, the dealer, or all of them? :confused:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Okay, it's supply & demand. I know, I know, that's what it's called.:deadhorse: Still, nobody has answered the core question before the gripe & complain, "Who's reaping the profits? The manufacturer, the shipper, the broker, the dealer, or all of them? :confused:

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    what really sucks a big ding dong is that it's just just defensive calibers sold out, but a lot of long range match stuff is sold out too. I'm a bit surprised at that part.

Long range match shooters load their own. When you replace a barrel once a year probably not shooting much factory.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

All of us.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    I have a new optic coming this week and I don't even want to go site it in because I don't feel like paying for an hour of range time to fire 10 rounds to battlesight

And I don't want to use more than 10 rounds at these prices

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom