• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rootytootyshooty

Apr 12, 2019
    What it says, I'm game for anything auto-loading, chambered in .308 / 7.62. I know there have been some threads on this topic before, but I wanted some fresh opinions on definitive MD compliant battle rifle choices.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    POF makes a pretty light 308. Springfield just launched their 308 in a pistol. I have a S&W MP10. It's decent and was emergency/run on gun buy from late '12/ early 2013. Wished I waited and either learned a little more or perhaps built one. But it goes boom every time I pull the trigger no matter what food is in the mag. I guess it depends on if you want entry level or Gucci. Everyone is making one now. I believe they are less proprietary than when I got mine. But I could be incorrect. There are two patterns - DPMS and Armalite. You can always build your own as there seems to be a fair amount of folks who do that regularly. Some folks will probably recommend 6.5 which is similar but flatter and picked by Army (but also could be wrong on it being flatter). With all that out of the way, if I could do it again, here's the list I'd consider from less exp to Gucci

Stag Arms
    DPMS
    BCM
    Aero Precision
    Sig Tread
    Springfield
    POF
    SOLGW
    HK

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If you're talking about a classic old school 7.62 NATO main battle rifle, as it's come to be known:

For functionality, FAL all the way. Simple design, reliable and tough as nails. Downside is that the heyday of the FAL has passed as far as affordable availability. But damn, a good one is amazing.

For style - M14/M1A. No further justification needed.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    If you're talking about a classic old school 7.62 NATO main battle rifle, as it's come to be known:

For functionality, FAL all the way. Simple design, reliable and tough as nails. Downside is that the heyday of the FAL has passed as far as affordable availability. But damn, a good one is amazing.

For style - M14/M1A. No further justification needed.

Why are you teasing him? ;)

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Why are you teasing him? ;)

Teasing? They are still obtainable in the PR of M in 6.5 Fadmoor, but at excruciatingly ridiculous prices.

Neither one is really "practical", but I love mine. Actually prefer the Fulton M14 to the Argentine FAL.

Isn't one of the PTR/CETME clone thingies still available in MD? They're nice in wood.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

Attachments

• 8E76FDEE-BEE3-4A78-812E-8FAEEC6CBFE3.jpg
      8E76FDEE-BEE3-4A78-812E-8FAEEC6CBFE3.jpg
      21.8 KB · Views: 740

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Get a Garand in 308.

Hehe, OP, get a 2020 Garand in ‘06!

https://www.cdnnsports.com/noreen-bn-36x3-carbine-30-06.html?___SID=U#.XvsDHi1q2hA

NOREEN BN 36X3 CARBINE 30-06
    Action: Direct Gas Impingement - Side Charging • Finish: Anodized Black • Barrel Length: 16" 1:10" Twist • Trigger: Mil-Spec • Muzzle Brake: Noreen Design 5/8-24 Thread • Sights: None - Mil-Std 1913 Rail • Magazine(s): 1-20 Round • Stock: Adjustable 6-Position • Weight: 7 lbs.

Noreen BN36X3 Carbine ( 30-06 semi auto) AR-10 is the new-age battle ready M1 Garand in the tried and true 30-06 Springfield cartridge. Light and maneuverable for the most extreme tasks. Weighs pounds less than the old M1 Garand.

Our carbine version of the BN36 is everything you would expect it to be. We took our beloved BN36 and scaled it down to a smaller version, creating a .30-06 that is not only easy to wield and maneuver, but has more practical applications when taking it out in the field.

Attachments

• F6643083-7D9C-4B50-9ADC-127FA5347449.jpeg
      F6643083-7D9C-4B50-9ADC-127FA5347449.jpeg
      980 bytes · Views: 818

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads