• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Happy 157th birthday to my home state! I hope all of our WV members here remembered to leave out pepperoni rolls and some white lightning for the Mothman. ;)

All silliness aside, thank God for such a beautiful state that still remembers what the founding fathers intended. For those of you in WV, enjoy the day as best you can under the current circumstances. I'll be splitting my time next week between Davis/Canaan and Charleston.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I'm coming up on three years of being in WV and, more importantly, away from the MD Gulag. My move here is one of the best decisions I have made ever! This may not be true or possible for others, but for me it's been terrific.

1-504 PIR

Jul 31, 2015
    West Virginia
    I'm coming up on three years of being in WV and, more importantly, away from the MD Gulag. My move here is one of the best decisions I have made ever! This may not be true or possible for others, but for me it's been terrific.

I moved here four years ago, it's been good so far. :patriot:

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    My 200 mile drive to our undisclosed location 6 miles off I-79 is my favorite drive. Exit 139. Gunrunners and ATR pretty much right there.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    A good friend just bought 40+ acres in WV, with two ponds on it, and a lovely home that he’s treating (so far) as a weekend getaway place and remote gun safe. He’s trying to talk me into buying half the land and putting up a place. It’s sure tempting.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    We just got back from a week split between the Canaan Valley area and Charleston.

75°F and sunny for the weather most days while we were in Canaan with only brief periods of occasional isolated showers. Charleston was highs around 80°F and a little more humid, but we took care of that with my dad's fully-restored 1978 Chris Craft Catalina 28 (with a Chevy 350 instead of the standard Chevy 305) Nothing like flying up river on a hot day to cool you right off.

Some pictures below of some of our excursions. I think they just go to further the reality that WV is God's country.

Attachments

• 20200623_151058.jpg
      20200623_151058.jpg
      84.1 KB · Views: 289
    • 20200623_145128.jpg
      20200623_145128.jpg
      82.3 KB · Views: 296
    • 20200622_141545.jpg
      20200622_141545.jpg
      37.9 KB · Views: 292
    • 20200622_142405.jpg
      20200622_142405.jpg
      69.8 KB · Views: 299
    • 20200627_164438.jpg
      20200627_164438.jpg
      98.8 KB · Views: 291

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    We just got back from a week split between the Canaan Valley area and Charleston.

75°F and sunny for the weather most days while we were in Canaan with only brief periods of occasional isolated showers. Charleston was highs around 80°F and a little more humid, but we took care of that with my dad's fully-restored 1978 Chris Craft Catalina 28 (with a Chevy 350 instead of the standard Chevy 305) Nothing like flying up river on a hot day to cool you right off.

Some pictures below of some of our excursions. I think they just go to further the reality that WV is God's country.

Wow!!!!

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    It's our wet season up here in the highlands, but still getting out and enjoying our beautiful State. Taking my kid backpacking in the Otter Creek Wilderness over the Independence Day weekend.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    It's our wet season up here in the highlands, but still getting out and enjoying our beautiful State. Taking my kid backpacking in the Otter Creek Wilderness over the Independence Day weekend.

We were lucky to not get rained on but for one night during our stay up at Black Bear. Forecast was for thunderstorms every day, but only got a shower one of them and that was around dinner/bedtime.

Thanks for the PM BTW, we hit up Siriani's for dinner the first night, Tip Top for breakfast the next morning, and then Canaan BBQ for dinner the next night. Everything was tasty all around.

We intended to hike Dolly Sods for a bit, but with the weather forecast saying "Thunderstorms!" for the entire day, we decided to stay closer to the resort and hit up the Blackwater Canyon trail down the N. Fork of the Blackwater from Thomas and got to see the old coke ovens, mine portal, and waterfalls. I'm a sucker for WV's industrial history, so that suited me just fine. Also, less of a chance of stumbling across UXO if you're not in the Sods. ;)

We stopped by Spruce Knob on the way down and it was breathtaking as always. We took the long way back to MD from Charleston and Thomas and Davis were PACKED on Saturday. Tons of out-of-state vehicles, but most of the tourists were wearing masks, so hopefully those two towns don't get overwhelmed and hit with Covid.

I've just about decided to say "screw it" and open up a restaurant up there somewhere. I HATED coming back on Saturday. I love our little street in the Ag Reserve, but man does MD suck.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    just got back from a long weekend motorcycle trip down into WV... beautiful state with awsome roads for m/c riding. Was hoping to get down to New River Gorge area, but missed a turn somewhere and ended up a couple hours off course... just went with the flow and had a great ride.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA

Damn, Dude....the scenery is gorgeous, but where's the snaps of the CC Cat?????

Brought back memories of skiing behind my Great Uncle's CC on Conneaut Lake in NW PA.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom