ATF moving to ban pistol braces (again)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Obama's 2A achievements are mostly based in what he didn't do. He didn't get to ban firearms, though he would have if he thought it was possible. But the threat was enough.

One positive effect he had was flooding America with evil black rifles. Everyone was certain that he'd find a way to ban them, so they purchased enough of them to underscore their being "in common use." This will be helpful in the courts.

Another achievement was his "Fast and Furious" drug cartel gunrunning program. Evil on the face of it, and clearly designed as a tool to generate anti-2A sentiment and legislation, on exposure it blew up in his face, helping to cement the realisation that, yes, Virginia, we are coming for your guns.

Don't forget the way he poured gasoline onto the Zimmerman and Ferguson situations. More reasons to take up arms due to civil unrest. Many of the first-time gun buyers are on the Left of the spectrum, and bright enough to realise that they might inadvertently be harmed by the conditions their leaders foment.

Encouraging the media presence of race-baiters has also helped pro-2A sentiments, brought to fruition by the recent and continuing bouts of unrest. His administration was all about race-baiting, though it certainly didn't have to be. He could have been a huge force for civility. However, that's not what he is about.
    Fast AND Furious was O'blabla's first and last attempt at cloak and dagger opps, thankfully. He got a bloody nose for his efforts. He excelled at Arab Springs, sowing discontent throughout the Near East. Hard as he tried, he was not able to get anything like that going here. Americans, on the whole, were far to cynical for his ham-handed attempts.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Fast AND Furious was O'blabla's first and last attempt at cloak and dagger opps, thankfully. He got a bloody nose for his efforts. He excelled at Arab Springs, sowing discontent throughout the Near East. Hard as he tried, he was not able to get anything like that going here. Americans, on the whole, were far to cynical for his ham-handed attempts.

True, as regards 2A operations.

However, he was ready, willing and able, and successful, at sowing immigrant Muslim communities in otherwise conservative areas in conservative states. This may prove detrimental in future, given certain propensities inherent in these groupings. I'm certain this seeding was NOT based on his humanitarian impulses.

Eric Holder's defense of Black Panther intimidation at polling sites may not have been cloak and dagger, but again it contributed to the Obama program of deliberate discord. Ham-handed certainly, but perhaps more effective because it was so blunt a message.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    True, as regards 2A operations.

However, he was ready, willing and able, and successful, at sowing immigrant Muslim communities in otherwise conservative areas in conservative states. This may prove detrimental in future, given certain propensities inherent in these groupings. I'm certain this seeding was NOT based on his humanitarian impulses.

Eric Holder's defense of Black Panther intimidation at polling sites may not have been cloak and dagger, but again it contributed to the Obama program of deliberate discord. Ham-handed certainly, but perhaps more effective because it was so blunt a message.

Absolutely true Bob.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Obama never really went after the 2A, either. Almost completely neutral. More than we can say for Reagan and Trump.

How about the ATF closing the Trust “loophole”. Closing the gun show “loophole”, the attempted ban on green tip Ammo. The federal regulations on lead. The attempts to reclassify gun powder. Those roll off the top of my head and it seemed like every day you were opening the news and asking what regulation was going to be announced today..

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    How about the ATF closing the Trust “loophole”. Closing the gun show “loophole”, the attempted ban on green tip Ammo. The federal regulations on lead. The attempts to reclassify gun powder. Those roll off the top of my head and it seemed like every day you were opening the news and asking what regulation was going to be announced today..

Not sure what gun show loophole you are talking about (not a joke about there being no loophole, I am honestly not recalling anything ATF tried or did close 2008-2016 related to gun shows).

I remember the trust thing, but honestly makes a bit of sense they changed it. But I also fall in to NFA except for machineguns and DDs is stupid (yeah, call me a 2A traitor if you want. I support repeal of hughes, but I don't support over the counter purchase of MGs. NFA actually seems appropriate for them and destructive devices).

The other stuff was crap. But its not like plenty wasn't done under Bush also. ATF is going to ATF no matter who the president is.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Not sure what gun show loophole you are talking about (not a joke about there being no loophole, I am honestly not recalling anything ATF tried or did close 2008-2016 related to gun shows).

I remember the trust thing, but honestly makes a bit of sense they changed it. But I also fall in to NFA except for machineguns and DDs is stupid (yeah, call me a 2A traitor if you want. I support repeal of hughes, but I don't support over the counter purchase of MGs. NFA actually seems appropriate for them and destructive devices).

The other stuff was crap. But its not like plenty wasn't done under Bush also. ATF is going to ATF no matter who the president is.

IIRC gun shows used to operate under the long gun face-to-face construct, but this "loophole" was being exploited by all the thugs so gun shows were required to have a FFL on duty to broker all F2F sales. Maybe this was a state requirement?? I know the Delaware gun shows started operating like this.

Is there such a thing as a NFA-Fudd ?

ATF (.gov in general) is less emboldened to act if they know the policy would be looked at unfavorably by those in charge of them.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    IIRC gun shows used to operate under the long gun face-to-face construct, but this "loophole" was being exploited by all the thugs so gun shows were required to have a FFL on duty to broker all F2F sales. Maybe this was a state requirement?? I know the Delaware gun shows started operating like this.

Is there such a thing as a NFA-Fudd ?

ATF (.gov in general) is less emboldened to act if they know the policy would be looked at unfavorably by those in charge of them.

As long as I can remember, FFL's did a NICS check at gun shows.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    As long as I can remember, FFL's did a NICS check at gun shows.

Correct. It's handled the same as a purchase at their store.

The "loophole" is face-to-face private party transfers, which of course, the left wants to see banned. Can't have citizens exercising those pesky rights.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    True...But again my point is Reagan, Bush SR, Bush JR, and now Trump admin, are all Republican and have outright went after our 2A, no cloak and dagger was necessary. It incurred nothing but people advocating how 2A they are.

While it’s clear that they passed some sort of gun control, saying that they “outright went after our 2A” is a bit dramatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    True...But again my point is Reagan, Bush SR, Bush JR, and now Trump admin, are all Republican and have outright went after our 2A, no cloak and dagger was necessary. It incurred nothing but people advocating how 2A they are.

They get away with it, because they talk a good game out of one side of their mouths. And then point to the dems and say it would be worse coming from them. You know the old I'll only stick the tip in lie.

The same is true here in the free state. Gun rights will all but be gone in another couple of generations . You only have to look at the rulings the Supremes handed down last week to show the writing is on the wall. All the Karens and husbands kneel ( yeah I spelled it that way for a reason ) will see to it, gladly.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    But but, we have a Republican president in office so our 2A and lack there of, of a bigger government intruding should be protected...
    Yes. I am sure Hillary's judicial appointments would have done wonders to advance the 2A.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    They get away with it, because they talk a good game out of one side of their mouths. And then point to the dems and say it would be worse coming from them. You know the old I'll only stick the tip in lie.

The same is true here in the free state. Gun rights will all but be gone in another couple of generations . You only have to look at the rulings the Supremes handed down last week to show the writing is on the wall. All the Karens and husbands kneel ( yeah I spelled it that way for a reason ) will see to it, gladly.

Bingo!!!Could not agree more:thumbsup:

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Given that the ATF is looking at pistol brace ban, as the speculation goes, would that deter you from purchasing the SBA3 or 4 pistol brace? If you have an opinion, let er rip!

Beancounter

Jul 8, 2012
    Yes. I am sure Hillary's judicial appointments would have done wonders to advance the 2A.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There you go: defend those who diminish our rights by saying the person who did NOT get into office would have been worse.

Take a good look at the man in the mirror. You are getting exactly what you deserve. You were warned by Franklin. Guess you didn't understand then. Do you understand now?????

Had a democrat gotten into the presidency instead of General Bone Spur, the bumpstock would never have been redefined as a machine gun by Royal Decree, because the GOP senate would have stopped it. What did they (you know, the great party of the constitution) do? Not a damned thing except make excuses for not upholding the constitution.

You keep doing the same thing and you will keep getting the same result.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Given that the ATF is looking at pistol brace ban, as the speculation goes, would that deter you from purchasing the SBA3 or 4 pistol brace? If you have an opinion, let er rip!

No it would not. To be brutally honest, I would ignore any ATF ban on such an item were I interested in one. God given rights trump any edict.

Bohemian

Nov 7, 2009
    I mean, I guess they could be. But Gaetz peddles in conspiracy theories more than Trump does. So I wouldn't put much stock in it unless there are some reliable rumors.

It's no conspiracy theory and Trump has done more damage to the Second Amendment in less than 4 years then Obama did in 8 ...

Despite his campaign promises of "I 100% Support The Second Amendment" and "The 8 Year War on the Second Amendment is over" and related 2A promisses he makes at every rally... Trump has been abysmal on the 2A AND ATF works for him, and like Trump's Unconstitutional Executive Gun Control AKA: Bump Stock Ban by Executive Fiat by ATF at his request that if allowed to stand set's the precedent to ban all semiautomatic firearms without exception that will be used by a future Democrat POTUS... (Read ANYTHING that takes a magazine HANDGUNS or LONGGUNS) Democrat's wet dream will be Trump's parting gift and legacy whether he's reelected or not...

A Pistol Brace Ban would reclassify every short barrel shotgun & rifle with one that currently does not require a Unconstitutional $200 Tax Stamp and a year wait for a Unconstitutional Background Check to pony up and wait for Government Permission to Exercise your Human Birthright of Self Preservation using => force than can be brought against you, Protected By, Not Created By The Second Amendment.

Thankfully we have guys like congressmen gaetz and gun owners of america and firearms policy fighting for us...

https://gunowners.org/

Pistol Brace Ban:
    https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fpc-statement-possible-atf-action-ban-legal-products

Bump Stock Ban:
    https://www.firearmspolicy.org/guedes-v-batfe

We need to help keep them in the fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom