• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Might be a little strange, I still prefer my P-01 to my PCR, even though I will never mount a thing to that rail.

Think it comes down to preference. That said I do very much like my P-01 wish I had gotten the PCR before the iron curtain fell in 2013 (can you believe that was 7 years ago!)

CZ4ME

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 12, 2014
    My first CZ was a P07, I was impressed by the feel in my hand. Since then the family has increased...If you could go to a shop and handle one or two of them that would be ideal.

1st P07 - 9mm
    2nd 97B - .45

The P01 is nice compact as well.

Baltimore's Best Pawn is great place, they sold me a few..about 20 minutes from Reisterstown.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    The P-01 is a fine carry gun. Love it. I use an SP-01 Tactical for competition, and recently had the slide milled for a red dot.

Sent using Tapatalk

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    For HD and a range toy, the SP-01 is pretty good.

The decocker version is more difficult to work on, because the sear cage is more complicated, but it's not impossible.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    For HD and a range toy, the SP-01 is pretty good.

The decocker version is more difficult to work on, because the sear cage is more complicated, but it's not impossible.
    No kidding. I have three metal frame CZ pistols with decockers. I installed the Cajun gun works pro package on my PO1 and SP01. First one took 4 hours of cussing, second one I did in an hour. a good set of over the head magnifying optics and small tweezers really helped the second time.

Sent using Tapatalk

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    No kidding. I have three metal frame CZ pistols with decockers. I installed the Cajun gun works pro package on my PO1 and SP01. First one took 4 hours of cussing, second one I did in an hour. a good set of over the head magnifying optics and small tweezers really helped the second time.

Sent using Tapatalk

I beat the absolute piss out of my SP01 trying to get the pins out the first time. Great gun and CGW package makes it even better.
    I then decided I needed the decocker. I only lost two lifter springs with that one.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I am an admitted CZ fan boy. They are wonderful guns. Their ergonomics are by far the best out there IMHO. They point naturally for me, as they have the 1911 grip angle. They are very reliable too. I have had the following models: 75B, SP01 Tactical, 75B in 40 cal, 97BD, 97B, PCR, P01, and Shadow.

If you don’t plan to conceal carry it, the SP01 is the perfect gun. I prefer the Tactical model, which has the decocker instead of a safety. It is my favorite handgun. It is as accurate as my high-end 1911s. All 75 and 97B variants are extremely accurate. I used to run my SP01 and 97BD in action pistol shooting when I lived in Wisconsin.

The only negative is that they are all steel guns and are heavy. If you aren’t carrying it, the weight won’t matter.

Some people don’t like the CZ triggers, but I like them.
    If you don’t like the trigger, you can get it worked on by either Cajun Gun Works or CZ Customs.

If I could open carry and only carry one gun, I would carry my SP01

Good luck and enjoy your CZ. I bet you won’t stop at 1 CZ. They tend to multiply like rabbits.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    The shadow 2 is a fantastic pistol; especially with some Cajun seasoning. For a home defense role, I would feel more comfortable with a firing pin block and de-cocker.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The shadow 2 is a fantastic pistol; especially with some Cajun seasoning. For a home defense role, I would feel more comfortable with a firing pin block and de-cocker.

times 2 !!! love mine !!!! 1 of the nicest CZ guns I own!!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I see a lot of people endorsing the SP01 Tactical and for good reason. The best choice here, in my opinion.

For home defense I’d want to avoid any manual safety’s that might accidentally engage at the worst moment.
    You've had manual safeties engage when you didn't want them to?
    Not sure hope that would happen.

Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    Thank you all for your help on this topic. I'm definitely going out of my budget but I'm going with the sp01. Just gotta take my HQL and wait until it's approved and get that beautiful gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom