• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB01

Nov 11, 2017
    Snubnose 38

I am partial to old good quality S&W. I would think one of the concealed hammer models would fit your need.
    JB

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Since the OP said Snubnose , but not Small Frame , and said " small hands " rather than " freakishly tiny hands " , the top of the list would be a 2in RB M10 . ( Yes , I like my 2in pre M10s , but for a pragmatic gun , +P rating , and improved parts availability of short actions , would be advantageous .)

Leaving aside my personal preferences of Colt DA triggers vs S&W DA triggers ; " Shooter Grade Det Spl " isn't a complete oxymoron , yet . But prices are irrationally climbing , and part supply is finite . ( And Colts will need parts and 'smith attention sooner than S&W . )

But IF I didn't extrapolate properly , and a Small Frame was intended , then a M36 no dash .

Yes pre 1970 Charter Arms Undercover is a thing . Charters seem to be of one extreme or the other , the older , the moreso . A pecentage of owners absolutely swear by them . A percentage of owners swear at them . My personal experience has been the latter , but I won't totally condem then like I do ( pre- Taurus ) Rossi .

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I agree about the Charter Arms...it all depends on when one was made and under what corporate ownership. Quality control was all over the place...you could get an excellent example or a piece of crap. While Charters are basically well designed it takes some research to tell if a particular piece came from a good or bad production era.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So why a snub nose? If it’s a night stand gun, unless it’s a tiny night stand something like a 4” is going be somewhat less muzzle flash to blind you at night. It’s going to be more controllable. If you do have sufficient lighting you’ll have better accuracy. Plus more likely you’ve got 6 in the cylinder rather than 5.

I get if if you are CCW, but for a night stand gun...go full size 38sp or 357, not snub nose.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actually there are some rationales for a snub for home defense . ( I'm not necessarily making an across the board recommendations , but thee are potential reasons .)

If things go from zero to OK Corral , you want full size , preferably a shotgun/ rifle . But much more frequent are medium suspicious situations , where preparations are wise, but not immeadately forting up in strong room while calling 911 .

If you are checking out ( whatever ) , and stuff hits the fan , and you are suddenly grappling with malfactors , a short bbl pistol , with a hand filing grip , gives you the best leverage to not be disarmed .

If you have gun discretely in hand while answering door, or whatever , and turns out to be a non- problem , a snub is easier to then slip into pocket , to not scare the horses .

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I have more 20V dewalt flashlights strune around the house here...

The reason I ask is so she can identify the target in a HD situation. I know they make lasers for revolvers on the grips, but a light is critical (I feel) for HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom