• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Kinda make me jealous of the couple of months club going on here lol

I just have to remember envy is one of the seven deadly sins, lol, or I should just go do another can or sbr and join the couple of months club!!!

Just buy one every couple months until you get to the point you don't remember what you bought and what you have coming in. then when get the call, it's a nice surprise.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    There's a staggeringly high percentage of BOGO people getting these three month approvals which makes the whole thing stink IMO

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    There's a staggeringly high percentage of BOGO people getting these three month approvals which makes the whole thing stink IMO
    Nothing to do with BOGO approvals - the ATF has no idea which cans are the BOGOs. It's all about people doing Form 4 Individuals and those somehow getting pushed to the front of the line. Believe me, I have a BOGO Octane 45K in transfer, and it definitely hasn't gotten to me in 3 months.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I think jealousy is starting to materialize into hate finally LOL.

I knew it wouldn't take long for those of us with stuff in nfa jail to get irritated with all these folks getting stuff back in less time. (understandably so IMO)

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Any irritation should be aimed at the ATF, which created this mess. No one knew that if they bought something after July it would be expedited.

I think that the recent wait times create the false expectation that they will stay around a few months. Knowing that wait times are short, people will ramp up purchases, same as if prices dropped substantially. I suspect that the backlog through June will be cleared in the next few months. Wait times for new items will probably be flat until the backlog clears, then wait times will surely increase as people ramp up purchases. I myself am considering another adding another. Once people buy it will clog the system again, it may even go all the way back up to 8-12 months.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I think jealousy is starting to materialize into hate finally LOL.

I knew it wouldn't take long for those of us with stuff in nfa jail to get irritated with all these folks getting stuff back in less time. (understandably so IMO)

I don't hate the people getting returned forms but of course I hate the system. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to clear out late summer people when there are plenty of others from last fall and winter still waiting.

And no - I don't believe the "they grabbed the wrong boxes" story.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I don't hate the people getting returned forms but of course I hate the system. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to clear out late summer people when there are plenty of others from last fall and winter still waiting.

And no - I don't believe the "they grabbed the wrong boxes" story.

I don't think any of us believe that story.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I don't think any of us believe that story.
    I 100% believe the version of the story that involves government employees manipulating approvals to make it look like wait times are coming down quickly. Or maybe they are trying something new. Or maybe it's a conspiracy to put all Silencershop customers to the front of the line, which would be awesome for me. The trick is to buy a bunch of stuff over the course of a year so that: A) you have all your bases covered and you can tolerate being patient, and B) it's like Christmas every few months.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I 100% believe the version of the story that involves government employees manipulating approvals to make it look like wait times are coming down quickly. Or maybe they are trying something new. Or maybe it's a conspiracy to put all Silencershop customers to the front of the line, which would be awesome for me. The trick is to buy a bunch of stuff over the course of a year so that: A) you have all your bases covered and B) it's like Christmas every few months.

That's different from the initial "contractors grabbed the wrong boxes" and "new system" stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom