The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    yhm phantom 30cal

form 4 trust pending oct 25 2018

still waiting :(

I figure another month or two
    Probably not too much more than a month, assuming no FBI BG check shens. A couple people on the NFA subreddit reported getting back October pending transfers. Something is moving faster at NFA branch, and I am liking it. Also some evidence that batch approvals are finally happening, which will be awesome for me if true.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Why is there such a difference in wait times? Like some folks getting the same type of submissions back but at extremely difference time tables?

Like some form 4 trusts at 8-9 months while some are over a year.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I bought a rifle suppressor around Black Friday, it took a couple weeks for the atf to cash the check.

I guess 4 more months? Man I hate waiting

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Why is there such a difference in wait times? Like some folks getting the same type of submissions back but at extremely difference time tables?

FBI background checks. You get a delay on your NICS check, NFA branch waits for a response... which can take like 3 months. Your dealer has the option of just waiting X days for the response and then transferring the gun to you anyways... NFA branch does not.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

I was told by a Class III dealer that te paperwork is randomly distributed to the various desk-holders. Some of the desks are occupied by part-timers, some by possibly pregnant females. Once it's on a desk, it stays there until the occupant deals with it. If he comes in once a week, or if she goes out on maternity leave, the paperwork sits on the desk until its regular occupant comes in and deals with it.

I don't know if this is true, but the guy has no reason to lie to me. It would go far toward explaining the absurd variations in wait times.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Congrats!

Care to share pictures?

Stamp day is always Christmas!

It's modular, multi cal(9mm stack/30cal rifle baffle), comes with a 1/2X28 booster for handguns and large blast chamber/baffle for rifles, I picked up a 3 lug adapter and short blast chamber for the compact configuration, has some tools, 22 and 9mm end caps, a cloth bag and a 5/8 minimalist brake too. So far only tried it on my G19 and 9" 300BO AR, definitely hearing safe on both, nice tone, especially on the 300BO with 220gr subs. 100% function with supers and subs so far, have a bunch of other stuff from 22lr to 308 with different adapters to try it with, just haven't had a chance yet.

34.jpg

33.jpg

35.jpg

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    is there any way to check when your " check was cashed in the case of the dealer sending the check for the stamp, due to you paying the dealer directly for the stamp.

(continental )

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    SilencerCo Octane 45 HD
    Silencer Shop kiosk at BBP and One Shot trust.
    Purchased 08/18/18
    Check cashed 09/06/018
    ATF Received paperwork 09/10/18
    Approved 08/02/19
    Stamp in hand 08/09/19
    11.5+ months start to finish.

Attachments

• 54C255C1-E6C8-46AD-B505-AEAC5F295D4F.jpg
      54C255C1-E6C8-46AD-B505-AEAC5F295D4F.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 319
    • EFFF647B-D73D-47F9-804D-DA44AB313DDE.jpg
      EFFF647B-D73D-47F9-804D-DA44AB313DDE.jpg
      59 KB · Views: 319

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Quick question if I might ask, does your stamp go to the FFL? Or is it mailed to you and the dealer is notified that it can be picked up? Curious about the order of things.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Quick question if I might ask, does your stamp go to the FFL? Or is it mailed to you and the dealer is notified that it can be picked up? Curious about the order of things.

The stamp goes to the FFL who's holding the stamp-needing item. You get a heads up from the FFL, and go to collect both the stamp and your new hearing safety device.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The stamp goes to the FFL who's holding the stamp-needing item. You get a heads up from the FFL, and go to collect both the stamp and your new hearing safety device.

Awesome, thanks! Probably just 11 months to go for me.

The question will be, do I get my 22 can jail broken before I buy another new can? Or after?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Awesome, thanks! Probably just 11 months to go for me.

The question will be, do I get my 22 can jail broken before I buy another new can? Or after?
    I know there is a guy on arfcom who jailbreaks cans and the guys there love him. I haven't been real proactive about cleaning either of my .22 cans since I got them, so I am sure they will be a mess when I finally get around to it.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Just called the ATF again, and spoke to Melissa. She said they were affected by the Gov't shutdown and the average processing time went from 7 months to 9 months.
    They cashed my check on Jan 7th, so I'm just over 7 months. :sad20:

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Just called to check status of a form 4 Trust, check cashed 9/9/2018. Still pending. 335 Days, previous was 260.

I know im preaching to the choir but this is so ridiculous. the charge for a stamp is bad enough, the wait time is just unreal. no wonder more folks are going the non trust route these days.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I know im preaching to the choir but this is so ridiculous. the charge for a stamp is bad enough, the wait time is just unreal. no wonder more folks are going the non trust route these days.

It is beyond ridiculous. So much h so that a lot of folks are going the non-stamp route down here. Just don't talk about it :innocent0

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

Allegedly e-file is coming to form 4s sometime within a year(was supposed to be ready by now), and the <30 day wait that form 1s have with it. Would love to hold off till then, but knowing my luck it will drop right after I put my next F4 in the mail

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom