• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    And I had read things about the 300 blackout being a topic of varying opinions as well. Just thought I should put that in there for good measure.

Yes, there are varying opinions on 300blk. So what? its the internet. There are varying opinion on whether the sun will rise tomorrow. If you want one build it. No bad guy ever said "no, please, shoot me with the 300blk." It will serve its purpose for SD and pie hitting. There are trade-offs like cost, but whatever.

mcleftnut

May 14, 2015
    Salisbury
    Yes, there are varying opinions on 300blk. So what? its the internet. There are varying opinion on whether the sun will rise tomorrow. If you want one build it. No bad guy ever said "no, please, shoot me with the 300blk." It will serve its purpose for SD and pie hitting. There are trade-offs like cost, but whatever.

I just put that in for the "copycat" rule. But yeah, it is more expensive. Hopefully that will motivate me into getting into relaoding.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    I just put that in for the "copycat" rule. But yeah, it is more expensive. Hopefully that will motivate me into getting into relaoding.

What are the varying "opinions" on the copycat rule related to 300blk? First, the Copycat rule does not even apply to pistols. 300blk yourself out. As for rifles, the Copycat rules says overall length has to be >29", and you cannot have more than 2 evil features (detachable mag, flash hider, folding stock, or grenade launcher). Most AR rifles do not have a folding stock, so you are safe with either a flash hider or a grenade launcher. Grenades are of course, extra. As for the other "copy" rule ("copy of an enumerated weapon"), 300blk rifle is not a copy of an AR-15 (different caliber), so its cash and carry, meaning you can go buy one anytime you want.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    again, does not apply to pistols.

And that is about the only place that is pretty clear. An AR pistol in any cartridge is fine and dandy.

The OP actually did some research and figured out the correct answer on his own, versus those wanting to find somebody to support what they want to hear and then that being good enough for them.

I was stupid back in 2015 when I sent in my Form 1's for SBR's. Should have gone with pre-ban lowers. Oh well. Live and learn.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    What are the varying "opinions" on the copycat rule related to 300blk? First, the Copycat rule does not even apply to pistols. 300blk yourself out. As for rifles, the Copycat rules says overall length has to be >29", and you cannot have more than 2 evil features (detachable mag, flash hider, folding stock, or grenade launcher). Most AR rifles do not have a folding stock, so you are safe with either a flash hider or a grenade launcher. Grenades are of course, extra. As for the other "copy" rule ("copy of an enumerated weapon"), 300blk rifle is not a copy of an AR-15 (different caliber), so its cash and carry, meaning you can go buy one anytime you want.

Detachable magazines ARE NOT an evil feature.

The evil features are:
    Folding Stock
    Grenade/flare launcher
    Flash supressor

mcleftnut

May 14, 2015
    Salisbury
    And that is about the only place that is pretty clear. An AR pistol in any cartridge is fine and dandy.

The OP actually did some research and figured out the correct answer on his own, versus those wanting to find somebody to support what they want to hear and then that being good enough for them.

I was stupid back in 2015 when I sent in my Form 1's for SBR's. Should have gone with pre-ban lowers. Oh well. Live and learn.

Thanks. I hate being stupid in 2019 with this nonsense.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Thanks. I hate being stupid in 2019 with this nonsense.

Your not stupid. Md gun laws are intentionally confusing with terms like "copycat" that dont mean what you think they mean, confusing to scare you into unilateral disarmament.

I can tell you, the actual thugs who want to bust in and steal your stuff arent paying attention or unilaterally disarming themselves.

clint west

Aug 29, 2015
    maryland
    If you allow potential future legislation be your guide for building anything, you will never get anything accomplished. Build what you want that is currently legal. The Marylandistan Constitution contains a clause which is supposed to keep new laws from turning citizens into criminals for acts prior to passage. This should "grandfather" any builds completed prior to enactment.

I wonder if the builds even need to be completed by then. For example "my friend" has a few 80% lowers "he" hasn't finished into 100% yet. I wonder if "he" buys a couple of heavy barrells and more parts to complete some rifles the pre-ban reciepts would be enough to escape the felony charge. In other words, who is to say "my friend" didn't complete those rifle builds pre-ban or post ban if the proof is to "show receipts" of the parts

mcleftnut

May 14, 2015
    Salisbury
    Your not stupid. Md gun laws are intentionally confusing with terms like "copycat" that dont mean what you think they mean, confusing to scare you into unilateral disarmament.

I can tell you, the actual thugs who want to bust in and steal your stuff arent paying attention or unilaterally disarming themselves.

I'm glad others feel the same. Intentionally vague unconstitutional laws ment to confuse people (me).

mcleftnut

May 14, 2015
    Salisbury
    I wonder if the builds even need to be completed by then. For example "my friend" has a few 80% lowers "he" hasn't finished into 100% yet. I wonder if "he" buys a couple of heavy barrells and more parts to complete some rifles the pre-ban reciepts would be enough to escape the felony charge. In other words, who is to say "my friend" didn't complete those rifle builds pre-ban or post ban if the proof is to "show receipts" of the parts

Above my pay grade...
    I heard of someone having an end mill break while completing an 80%, having to order another end mill then completing the lower. So it was like a 95% lower? Madness.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom